85' Chevy Chevette

jerrodh

Saw this the other day thinking about buying it for if nothing else a car that doesn't get followed by the cops all day/backup ride. Here's what I know so far.

1985 Chevy Chevette

91k Miles

Clear Title

Automatic (not my choice but oh well)

Started with ease, no awkward noises, etc.

8/10 Body - Paints old but no dents or visible rust/other damage

7/10 Interior - Interiors obviously faded and worn but not torn to hell/etc.

$250 pricetag

Bad

Guy says the Carburetor is going out/needs work/etc.

Tires likely need replaced.

Basically is this just a complete waste of $250 or no? I mean as is its a running car. How much would it likely cause to fix/replace the carburetor? And would the car have any resale value. I mean not looking to make money on exactly but would you see someone other than me apparently buying this ever?

Del Sol's black with tent and black steelies with header straight pipe, catback, I get unwanted attention. And I sold the ranger forgot that was there. Going to try and pick it up tomorrow. If I dont take it I'll throw the number up here.

I had an 85 for my first car. It was a great little car until I put it into a utility pole at about 50 mph. I hit the passenger side, totaled the car, but I only walked away with a broken hip. Couldn't put weight on it for 6 weeks. It was a piece of crap, but mine helped me survive what could have been a horrible accident.

A few years after that, I ended up purchasing another one and put a Chevy 350 in it. Had to do very little to make it fit and run. Sold it about 2 months after the swap for about 4 times what I had it in.