audi/vw guys

psi nrg

Have a friend lookin to run some wheel spacers on his b6 a4. Whats the best way of figuring out what size to run? I've heard some people just put the wheel on and measure the distance from the wheel to the inside of the fender? Doesnt sound like that would be too accuate but, if anyone else has any ideas how to get a good idea of what size he'll need, or any suggestions would be great. Also the look he is goin for is just to be flush with the fender maybe a little poke but nothing aggressive.

Wheel specs

19X8.5

+38 offset

235/35/19 tires

Stock audi sport suspension ( 02 which sits the lowest of any year I've seen)

How low is the car? If he's running spacers agressive enough, is he going to run into rubbing if he doesn't stretch tires?

Also a picture might help make a guestimate, but measuring in mm will honestly give you the best estimate. Usually when I'm trying to figure something like this out on my cars I will look around on forums and see what wheel specs people run and how it fits on their car to get an idea what offset is flush. From what I've seen on VWs/Audis, getting offset near +20 seems to be a pretty good start.

I simply measured wheel to fender on my 337 and I'm running 10mm up front and 15mm on the rear... impossible without stretch in my case.

Front

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c8/eightsixgts/random005.jpg

Rear

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c8/eightsixgts/random003.jpg

Legit

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c8/eightsixgts/random004.jpg

The car sits pretty low for being on stock sport suspension front has about a 1 finger gap and the rear is almost no gap. I'll see if I can get some pics of the car. His tires arnt stretched at all like yours. Your set up is pretty aggressive, I dont think he wants anything like that. He just wants it to be enough where the wheels dont look like they are so far inside the wheel well. I'll look around on audizine for some wheel fitments like you said too

Thanks

The car sits pretty low for being on stock sport suspension front has about a 1 finger gap and the rear is almost no gap. I'll see if I can get some pics of the car. His tires arnt stretched at all like yours. Your set up is pretty aggressive, I dont think he wants anything like that. He just wants it to be enough where the wheels dont look like they are so far inside the wheel well.

If he is on the stock sport suspension then 5-10mm spacers should be fine.

Would not go much beyond that though.

If he is on the stock sport suspension then 5-10mm spacers should be fine.

Would not go much beyond that though.

Thanks, thats what I had orginally thought I have a B5 and I run 5mm up front and 10 in the rear but for some reason that didnt seam like it would be enough on his car.

I think a lot of people push their wheels out too far with spacers. I would only do a mild 5mm rear spacer.

I would check out audiworld.com or audizine.com and have him search through some threads about spacers in the B6 forums. That will give him more than enough info with images.