How to make an Easy Pull Clutch

12oclocker

The MSR Pro Raptor EZ Pull lever I ordered would not fit on my LTR450.

In fact, the stock clutch cable inner steel cable is oddly very long, and nothing but the stock lever would fit.

So I drilled out my LTR450 clutch lever, put in a small collar with custom notches, And now my stock lever is an EZ pull lever.

This mod should work for just about any bike, when drilling, start with a very small bit, and keep gradually increasing in size, you may have to drill it out like 7 times, but if you dont follow those steps, you will end up destroying the lever, because the bit will catch and oblong the hole.

You dont have to add the collar, but I did. It came out of an old clutch lever from an 87 XR200 I think.

Here are some pics of the mod...

ez-pull-mod-1.jpg

ez-pull-mod-2.jpg

ez-pull-mod-3.jpg

• 2 months later...
This is a pretty cool mod...now I just have to get the balls to start drilling. I would just be afraid there would not be enough slack in the cable.

i started very small and worked my way up to the proper size hole. it came out rather nicely too.

waste of time imho..but hey whatever floats your boat i guess

why? Buying one runs you like 40 bucks. The less fatigue you are subjected to the better imo..