Xbox 360 issue

Buck531

The Xbox was working fine for the past year or so. Now, in the past two days, it just randomly locks up. No red ring or anything. It would happen watching a DVD, playing a game, sitting on the dashboard. I took a can of canned air and blew it out. That seemed to have helped it as it took 10 minutes to lock up rather than 2.

The person I bought it off of here had bought a 3 year extended warranty through Best Buy. I am going to contact him here in a bit and see what we can do.

IF I were to take the 360 in to have it serviced, will I lose all the data on the hard drive? I would be severely pissed as I have downloaded countless songs from Rock Band 2 on there and wouldn't be very happy if I were to have to do it again.

Anything else I should try or should I just take it into Best Buy?

ps3 is garbage, if it didnt have a BR player it would be worthless imo.

Something that doesn't have anywhere near the amount of problems as an xbox, a lot more hardware potential, FREE online play, bd-player etc...

yea, xbox is far superior. PS3 is such garbage :rolleyes:

i'd much rather have the xbox with a few problems here and there than the ps3...

and you should be able to keep your HD.

mine will freeze up sometimes, not really sure but make sure its not in an entertainment center where heat can't escape. unless its freezing as soon as you turn it on? i dunno...

OMG im so jealous that xbox doesnt have bluray, or that I dont have to pay to get on THE SAME INTERNET.

They both have the same games for the most part and that both have controllers that function well.

lol@better graphics and that forza is better than gran turismo

and you still think it is the same? :confused:

For the most part. I've never created a party on xbox myself but besides from aesthetics its not that different. You dont have the reputation thing on playstation, but thats the only feature that they dont share that I'm aware of. I admit I havent gone real deep into xbox live, its my brother's xbox and I prefer my ps3 :cool:

Your xbox is overheating when it locks up. Take it back to best buy. If you don't have a warranty then I can tell you how I tore mine apart and fixed my rrod myself. It still works and has been sitting on my stand without the case on it for over a year.

Just to throw an unbiased view in here, I have a PS3 and an Xbox 360, and my 360 gets way more use. My PS3 is mainly a Blu-ray player, other than that I am hardly impressed with the game lineup as of right now. Little BIG Planet and MGS4 are about it for me.

Something that doesn't have anywhere near the amount of problems as an xbox, a lot more hardware potential, FREE online play, bd-player etc...

yea, xbox is far superior. PS3 is such garbage :rolleyes:

But has like a handful of exclusives that are great. Any stunning games appear to be pushbacked everytime you hear about them. And the onlines free because its not nearly as rebust as the Xbox.

end epic battle/

Their right either way you slice it Microsoft or BB will have you keep your Harddrive.

"I suspect a few years down the road some high budget, first party PS3 exclusive titles will come out that really take advantage of the SPU’s and do things the XBOX 360 can’t"

Right out of your article.

You are the one coming out writing essays about how much cooler the xbox is. Do you own both? Or are you simply defending it because you ran out an bought the xbox because that was the latest craze and then by the time the PS3 came out you were already so deep up microsoft's ass that you decided that you will just bash it instead?

We have had the 360 for a while (actually its probably the 4th or 5th one cause they keep red ringing) and I wasnt overly impressed with it and by the time PS3 came out I was a lot more impressed. You xbox fanboiz calling the PS3 garbage are the ignorant ones. I can respect AkumaNoZetto's opinion because a) he has both and b) he didnt just come out calling things garbage.

I really didnt want to go into a fucking xbox vs ps3 debate, but this thread was about xbox failure, and Kenny pointed out that the ps3 doesnt blow up every 6 months and thats the damn truth

Where you talking to me or no? Either way their both excellent machines I just feel the 360 is alot more ban for your buck as is, and especially when I bought it thats for sure. I've had my Elite running for two years now I believe also no problems. *knock on wood*

I know a shit ton of the originals and regular xboxs today have alot of problems but seems they've Fixed most of them with the addition of the Elite lineup.

Where you talking to me or no? Either way their both excellent machines I just feel the 360 is alot more ban for your buck as is, and especially when I bought it thats for sure. I've had my Elite running for two years now I believe also no problems. *knock on wood*

I know a shit ton of the originals and regular xboxs today have alot of problems but seems they've Fixed most of them with the addition of the Elite lineup.

No it wasnt directed at you.