89 IROC

Guest 614Streets

Guest 614Streets

I really lucked out thanks to Tyler Butera. Tyler's father Nicholas owned and hand built this 1989 Iroc camaro.

I drove the car from Hilliard to Gahanna and back to my home downtown today after adding new plugs , hose clamps and putting on the adjustable mass air that came with the car.

Tylers father really spent alot of hard good work on this car. I am going to update this thread as I get the car out and around.

The car has the following mods as I have gone over the car.

Edelbrock aluminum heads

Holley Throttle body

Intake runners

Fuel rail with red 32 lb injectors (i belive) adjustable regulator

Edelbrock headers and 3" edelbrock exhaust

Weld in subframe connectors

Locker in the rear

Full gauges inside the car

Camshaft

Paxton sn2000 blower

Granetelli adjustable mass air

ECU prom?

Block is not stock

On the side of the block is a build tag from Aarons automotive

700 R4 does not feel stock has firm shifts

Interior is very well maintaned

With that said , I wasn't sure what to do with this car but the price was more than fair , tyler you just call when you need a hand.

I am going to keep the car for now. BTW the plugs looked great the car has never detonated and is not burning oil , it was however extremely rich.

Anyways Tyler your dad knew what he was doing with this car. Paul and I already plan on repainting the roof and quarters . Still needs some fine tuning and adjusting but I will get this car to trails and it should run a good number the car gets it.

Also Tyler your father had a george thorogood tape as well as Ratt out of the cellar and megadeath inside the car. He had great taste in music.

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/35/l_0ec9c380203246f5aad711fc0d99c864.jpg

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/11/l_584b2e52c0334129a698ef30eafba852.jpg

Guest tbutera2112
yea i was under the impression it didnt even run...lol glad you lucked out with it... my dad had a lot of time and money into that car... wish i coulda kept it but it just want practical for me to hold onto right now, but im glad its in good hands

Guest Removed

i was tryying to tell you... could have made some money on that car

its in good hands now..so what you going to do with it will?

ask tyler about my maybe big new bay...20" ceilings ftfmw!

Guest tbutera2112
oh yea and i forgot to go through the car since mike had it....if theres any paperwork or personal stuff or anything along those lines inside of it, just bag it up and ill pick it up with the plates when we trade titles

Guest 614Streets

He did really nice work on this car Tyler. The block does have a build tag with a serial number from Aarons automotive , unfortionately Aarons went out of business or so I belive , but they still have records somewhere.

Defiantely needs tuning , but I think I can get it solved in my freetime and the car will be very well taken car of.

Guest 614Streets
oh yea and i forgot to go through the car since mike had it....if theres any paperwork or personal stuff or anything along those lines inside of it, just bag it up and ill pick it up with the plates when we trade titles

There is some things inside the glovebox I saved and have with the plates.

Guest tbutera2112
i didnt want to make money out of that....im in tears just reading this thread, im ready for it to be over and get the estate closed and moved on... ive already got my hands full with the mustang, another project was the last thing i needed

Guest 614Streets
i was tryying to tell you... could have made some money on that car

its in good hands now..so what you going to do with it will?

ask tyler about my maybe big new bay...20" ceilings ftfmw!

Tune it , drive it, take it to trails bolt on some et streets , repaint the roof and quarter panels, fix rust on the subframe connectors.

Has some wiring that needs cleaned up etc , needs front tires, end links, brakes, strutts etc.

Guest 614Streets
i didnt want to make money out of that....im in tears just reading this thread, im ready for it to be over and get the estate closed and moved on... ive already got my hands full with the mustang, another project was the last thing i needed

I understand I have a big project of my own to finish in my Nova.

Between Rob and I and everyone else on here feel free to use me to help you with your mustang project , RACK TIME, , WHATEVER , JUST CALL.

Guest tbutera2112
I understand I have a big project of my own to finish in my Nova.

Between Rob and I and everyone else on here feel free to use me to help you with your mustang project , RACK TIME, , WHATEVER , JUST CALL.

thanks will ill keep that in mind

Guest Removed
Awesome Will. Now that you have this though, you need to sell me that other blower I saw in the shop! Come on, you don't need two.....

lol he should, its just going to slow that nova down hanging out in the wind :D

• 4 weeks later...
Guest 614Streets

Played around with timing today , well as well as I can , little blind seeing there is no timing tab nor anyway to see one if it had one. Changed somethings out on the ignition and this is how I am driving it around. Ready for track day. Anybody on the south side wanna drive around tonight?

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/39/l_e40be43fe21340f9b947214afd9016f0.jpg