Tampa Florida

Akula

Going there next week for work, staying at the Riverwalk. Need a steakhouse/scotch bar, any suggestions?

I am allergic to shellfish so I don't really care about the whole seafood scene.

Burns Steakhouse /thread

Call ahead and take some customers on a tour of their wine collection. It's well worth it. Bring your cc. :)

Going there in early April and can't wait. I used to wine and dine the Tech Data teams there and smoke a few fine ones upstairs.

I am taking a team of guys I work with, no customers, I read about this place but it said jacket and tie (not tshirt and jeans).

Dress Casual ie...sport coat and slacks. If you have any "creative" people, they can get away with a nice pair of jeans and a jacket. Just go nice, peal off the jackets and enjoy. Done right you'll drop $75-$100 per over the course of 3hrs. Food is amazing. I take that back....you can do $50per if you don't go overboard. I'm a wine nut so we go all out.

I'll post a few more. Our corporate office is down that way and will get recommendations from a buddy there. There are quite a few....typical ones you know are also there. Ruth Chris, Capital Grill, Shula's,etc...

Salt Rock Grille is another good one. It's a steakhouse/seafood place on the intercoastal waterway over in Treasure Island (about 45 min from Tampa). South Tampa area is a bit more trendy and hip.

for you casual is a jacket and slacks? Must not work for a tech company. I work for a silicon valley tech manufacturer, we don't wear jackets and slacks. We play foosball in the hallway at HQ, while drinking free sodas and eating free breakfast. All that stuff they say Google employees do, yeah, we have that. So anyplace that needs a jacket is off my mark (not by price, I like a $200 bottle of wine as much as the next guy).

for you casual is a jacket and slacks? Must not work for a tech company. I work for a silicon valley tech manufacturer, we don't wear jackets and slacks. We play foosball in the hallway at HQ, while drinking free sodas and eating free breakfast. All that stuff they say Google employees do, yeah, we have that. So anyplace that needs a jacket is off my mark (not by price, I like a $200 bottle of wine as much as the next guy).

Yeah I need to work for you then..

byrnes is a great place to go. charlies is also great for steak and seafood. boizau is a brazilian steakhouse exactly like foga de chao in chicago. at the mall at the international plaza, there's a restaurant called capital grill, which is very much like downtown mitchell's or hyde park. i've been to all of these places listed above on business while living here in tampa, and they are easily on par with the best restaurants in columbus

enjoy tampa.