back in action

AJ

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bella would pass for one lol. As far as Chihuahua's with pink collar's go she is pretty intimidating though :)

Jeff

Nice powa AJ ;) I cant wait to see this in action this year! Rag the shit outta it Jeff :p

On another note.....Jeff ur dog is two-faced! One moment itll be sitting next to you and the next trying to bite ur frickin feet off!!!

Nice powa AJ ;) I cant wait to see this in action this year! Rag the shit outta it Jeff :p

On another note.....Jeff ur dog is two-faced! One moment itll be sitting next to you and the next trying to bite ur frickin feet off!!!

Bella is the devil in disguise. :eek:

it doesn't seem like a lot of power, given the mods. wasn't the LS6 rated at 405 crank hp (or maybe 380 that year)?? so you basically have stage II heads, cam, full exhaust, dyno tune, and are only at about 460 crank hp at the most??

no offense, i love corvettes, but that just seems a bit odd--unless the heads and cam are really mild.

it doesn't seem like a lot of power, given the mods. wasn't the LS6 rated at 405 crank hp (or maybe 380 that year)?? so you basically have stage II heads, cam, full exhaust, dyno tune, and are only at about 460 crank hp at the most??

no offense, i love corvettes, but that just seems a bit odd--unless the heads and cam are really mild.

stock 04' Z cam was .550/.550 204/218 116LS, the only difference in my cam is .551/.547 and 112LS.

To put the gain in perspective an '01 Z06 (385hp) typically puts down around 335-340rwhp on my dyno. A '02-04 (405hp) typically puts down around 350-355rwhp stock. With Stage 2 heads and a very mild cam AJ picked up around 60rwhp on a FRESH engine. It will pick-up around 10whp once it is more broken-in so that isn't helping his numbers either.

To put into better perspective, Eric's '02 Z06 had essentially the same heads with a 231/236 590 with 610 lift on a 113 LSA cam (Nothing insane and still very street-able) and it made 429rwhp before he added the FAST intake & TB. AJ's car makes more power than Eric's car did (Even being down almost 40 peak rwhp) below 4900rpm so it will actually be better for coming out of tight corners with the type of racing he does.

Jeff

Stock c5zo6

204 211 .525 .525

Your cam

204 218 .551 .547

There is atleast 40rwhp with a different cam, it sucks that they sent you the wrong cam.

this is right and wrong at the same time. the 2001 Z cam is that. in 2002-2004 they went with .550/.550 with 204/218. thats how they went from the 385 (my car) to 405. so i'm close to a stock 02-04' cam than my 01' cam.

i figured there was about 40 more with a bigger cam, if i was drag racing then thats what i would be looking for. road track and autocross i'm looking for something easy on the valve train and low torque with useable power.

My wife got home first and parked the Audi in front of the garage so I didn't have time to pull it in right away. You couldn't fit a go-kart in the shop right now and since AJ couldn't make it down to pick it up today I figured I would put it in my garage for the night.

PS -- if you are going to come over for a set of wheels I would snag the SSR's off the 3000GT if you are looking to make a quick buck :)

Jeff

if this is the same 3000 that has all the one of parts on it SCREW the wheels

this is right and wrong at the same time. the 2001 Z cam is that. in 2002-2004 they went with .550/.550 with 204/218. thats how they went from the 385 (my car) to 405. so i'm close to a stock 02-04' cam than my 01' cam.

i figured there was about 40 more with a bigger cam, if i was drag racing then thats what i would be looking for. road track and autocross i'm looking for something easy on the valve train and low torque with useable power.

AJ here is a good comparison for you with a big cam. This was my car pre fast 90/90 and new cam. My mods are very similar to yours just the cam is different. The TQ/HP curves are very similar below 4k but look at the differance above that. There is alot more left in your motor.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u57/playwithlinn/LinnBeforeandAfterMotor.jpg

if this is the same 3000 that has all the one of parts on it SCREW the wheels

Yes it is :) Since I waited an entire year waiting on the our (IPS) custom 3.4L billet crankshafts to get done it has been a dead-duck for awhile but it will be back out this season again. All the "One-off" parts are at the shop and the engine is in NY so the wheels are all you get lol.

Jeff