Da Company Mustang VS Midnight Auto Black Turbo Civic

THE BUCKET

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Car A leaves before Car B is staged. Who wins? A:You can't leave before the car is staged. Thats what the flagger is for.

Car A waits for the armdrop, but Car B leaves when the starter's arms are in the air. Who wins then? A:2 cars move, its a race. This is chasing, if the other car leaves before the arm drop you sit there

Car B leaves when the arms are up, but Car A stays put when the arms come down. Car B again? A:No, car b would return to the line to rerun

Its not as complicated as you make it seem lol

Guest Removed
So the trick is, don't follow. Let the other guy jump and jump and jump so he's overheated and his tires are chewed by the unprepared surface. Good t know.

ha...some street races have more prep work then any track around here :cool:

Guest Removed
hook harder then trails out on 40 lol

i'm sure i havent heard the end of letting JL use the track bite that night out on charter. but thats what those fuckers get for putting a sbc ina stang. and thats also why they cant keep it running......or right :bangbang:

They left at the same time due to mutual mistrust. Why didn't the first car to jump win? Why didn't the other when he jumped and the first one stayed put?

If it's because the other didn't chase, then why did they leave early at the end? If it's not a race without a chase, then just wait for the arm drop. If the other goes, just stay put and he'll have to go again.

Seems to be a lot of holes in "A Chase is a Race." That's a LOT to hammer out before each and every race. You have to cover what's an acceptable start, what isn't, and under what conditions these rules can be tossed out.

I mean, if they can leave early, but it's not a race if the other guy doesn't, then what's to stop someone just waiting for armdrop and staying put if the other guy leaves? Just sit there, let the other guy keep jumping, chewing his tires up and overheating? Is a situation like this covered before a race?

Seems like a LOT of trouble when there's a ruleset already in place. Hell, if the start's ambiguous, is the finish? Just stop halfway and say you finished early.

I guess my issue is, how do you guys determine a winner and if the race was clean? You can't hammer out a custom ruleset taking in every eventuality before every race. I understand discussing things like power adders, but the basic rules of a drag race?

Car A leaves before Car B is staged. Who wins?

Car A waits for the armdrop, but Car B leaves when the starter's arms are in the air. Who wins then?

Car B leaves when the arms are up, but Car A stays put when the arms come down. Car B again?

It's no mystery to me now why grudge matches are NEVER settled. With mutable rules, the losing side will ALWAYS have a reason to call the race invalid.

WoW. It all becomes clear once you've seen it a few times. Very easy to grasp. Hell I figured it out well before the age of 10. ;)

i'm sure i havent heard the end of letting JL use the track bite that night out on charter. but thats what those fuckers get for putting a sbc ina stang. and thats also why they cant keep it running......or right :bangbang:

haha true lol.. well look at the wagon i got of tommy. that thang pulled the wheels a good bit with no burn out.. but there was 2 guys in the back to lol

Guest Removed
I didn't think he was gonna get around him, that was a hella close run.

if they would just fixx the damn mustang, he wouldnt have. i could tell it was laying down on the big end :D:rolleyes::(

when pavey had it.....:cool:

Guest Removed
You guys gotta hear Davis's mouth when we were playing quarters here at my house for 3 hours straight. Shit was funny as shit.

Davis...indoors....that has to be the only thing you can hear :D

Edited by Removed

Guest tbutera2112

lol that track bite didnt even do much for him.... didnt do shit for the stang either against the gtp... you didnt use enough!

Guest Removed
lol that track bite didnt even do much for him.... didnt do shit for the stang either against the gtp... you didnt use enough!

how do you even know? did you analyze the road surface, tire surface, and grib coefficient? :gtfo:

Guest tbutera2112
how do you even know? did you analyze the road surface, tire surface, and grib coefficient? :gtfo:

wanna see the video? he didnt have shit for traction!

it may have helped, but it sure didnt make him hook up

the fox put 2-3 cars on him right off the line because he wasnt going anywhere

Guest tbutera2112
oh yea rob...that 1/4 wasnt marked right either... you said the stang finished the qtr *not the sbc stang* at the top of 3rd...but watching the video, it shifted into 4th after 12 seconds...and i know for fact that little 2v aint running 12 flat..esp with the gtp right there along side