? For People Who Used Quiznos Coupons

CJINOHIO03

Were the people pissy about it? Just got back from the one in Westerville and they didnt seem to happy. Young girl who worked there argued with a foreign guy (owner I think) on how to ring it up etc. Then she asked him if they would go out of business because of this. They both said they were only getting .75 from the company.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were the people pissy about it? Just got back from the one in Westerville and they didnt seem to happy. Young girl who worked there argued with a foreign guy (owner I think) on how to ring it up etc. Then she asked him if they would go out of business because of this. They both said they were only getting .75 from the company.

LMAO, now that I think of it, ya I did get a glance, fuck em, don't they get reimbursed for those things anyway or am I totally wrong here ?

Got the same look today. It's because it's a corporate coupon and they prolly don't get money back from corporate. IMO, it's all about trying the sub. I've not been there since Oct last year when I ate at one in the Boston Airport.

There is a number that is to be entered into the credit card machine so that they can receive credit for the sammich. Yes it's prolly 75 cents to cover cost, but they are legally bound by the franchiser to participate.

If the employees/manager are complaining about this then it just shows that they are failing at their jobs anyway and should be replaced or closed.

There is a number that is to be entered into the credit card machine so that they can receive credit for the sammich. Yes it's prolly 75 cents to cover cost, but they are legally bound by the franchiser to participate.

If the employees/manager are complaining about this then it just shows that they are failing at their jobs anyway and should be replaced or closed.

Food costs are one thing, but they can't recoup labor costs and operations costs are the #1 reason restaurants lose money and fail.

I'm still a little biased in favor of corporate though as I was a part of the team that designed their labor management system and operations set up. From there, it's up to the operators to use what we designed for them. Many don't. They just don't understand that it's about putting the "right people in the right place at the right time."

Many just try and run on shoestring staffing and their own experience & knowledge vs proven methods and a solid design. The small impinger ovens they use....that was our recommendation and a key reason the Sammie is so successful for them. Good food fast.

Sorry for the rant.

The guy in Dublin (tuttle) checked my bosses ID and gave him shit. His name is John Robert and he goes by Bob. He put Bob on the coupon and the guy was a douche about it.

FWIW the Steakhouse Beef Dip with some hot peppers and blue cheese crumbles is my new favorite. My god was it yummy.

Food costs are one thing, but they can't recoup labor costs and operations costs are the #1 reason restaurants lose money and fail. I'm still a little biased in favor of corporate though as I was a part of the team that designed their labor management system and operations set up. From there, it's up to the operators to use what we designed for them. Many don't.

Labor cost? Unless they are increasing their staffing in expectation of a substantially higher volume of traffic (which would be absolutely retarded), the labor cost would be negligible, if any. The store must be staffed in accordance with Quizno's policies, meaning that there is a set number of staff that must be on duty at all times. My guess is that the volume of sales currently is low and corporate is trying to generate higher loyalty and new customers by the campaign. I'm absolutely positive that this coupon was not meant to cause any of the stores to increase staffing levels, ie. labor cost.

I have been in the hospitality business for 30 years, and have looked into opening several different kinds of franchises over the years.

Labor cost? Unless they are increasing their staffing in expectation of a substantially higher volume of traffic (which would be absolutely retarded), the labor cost would be negligible, if any. The store must be staffed in accordance with Quizno's policies, meaning that there is a set number of staff that must be on duty at all times. My guess is that the volume of sales currently is low and corporate is trying to generate higher loyalty and new customers by the campaign. I'm absolutely positive that this coupon was not meant to cause any of the stores to increase staffing levels, ie. labor cost.

I have been in the hospitality business for 30 years, and have looked into opening several different kinds of franchises over the years.

I agree, that post was filled with wrong.

Labor costs entail more than just the staff working to serve customers at the front of house (FOH). It also entails every aspect of BOH labor including food prep. I can get into all the details as to what I'm referring to but to do so on CR would be odd. If you've ever been a part of an operations assessment you will know what I'm referencing. Fast food is way different than hospitality or kitchens at a hotel or commissary. Any increase during peak times, especially when driven by free food specials impacts the bottom line tremendously. Those critical hours/minutes are very impactful to profitability. Especially if labor is configured incorrectly.

The most recent project that I was involved with and am still working on as a consultant with my old company is Bob Evans. We've returned to them over $30M per year in labor savings throughout their 560+ stores. We even recreated a full working model of the new system within a recently closed down location and tested it for two weeks. Overall it made the $1.5M new prototype costs a no-brainier, thus why we were able to do that too. But then FOH and BOH design go hand in hand.

LMS systems are greatly affected by menu changes. Another project I was involved with was Applebee's. Their operators are still struggling to perfect the impact that their create a combo soup and salad is throwing at them. Mainly the BOH operations is pain point. We're still training them as we speak.

Actually, the one off hamilton didn't care at all.. I tried to show them the coupon on my phone because I don't have a printer to print off of and they let me use their own personal computer at quiznos to print off the coupon.

Lets do the math, shall we.

5000+ stores

1,000,000 subs

10 day length of promotion

10 hours open each day

1,000,000/5000 = 200 subs per franchise (average)

10X10 is 100 hours open

200/100 = 2 subs per hour average or 20 subs a day average.

These are small subs, which they get 3 per loaf. That's baking 7 more baguettes a day!

Yup, my back of the house people are gonna need some help with this!

Lets do the math, shall we.

Yup, my back of the house people are gonna need some help with this!

Congratulations. Why you haven't opened your own consulting practice is beyond me. When you've been a part of a company that has worked with 185 of the top 500 brands and have personally worked on projects for the companies I have then call me. Starbucks, Bob Evans, Chipotle, Cosi, McDonalds, Wendy's, Dunkin are just a few designs and programs that I have personally been involved with on both FOH design, Branding and BOH LMS systems. Several Darden and Sun Capital brands too. Maybe if we need help when we rollroll-back our new designs and LMS into our customers hundreds of sites we'll call on your expertise to assist.

Guest Removed

coupon sales are a tax deduct. promotional type thing etc fall under this as well.

just like the free oil changes Monro used to send out to people, just to try to get them back in the store to sell them other stuff.

they also lose money on those 9.99-14.99 oil changes.

IMO, if you are trying to draw money from freebies, it normally just back fires

Congratulations. When you've been a part of a company that has worked with 185 of the top 500 brands and have personally worked on projects for the companies I have then call me. Starbucks, Bob Evans, Chipotle, Cosi, McDonalds, Wendy's, Dunkin are just a few designs and programs that I have personally been involved with on both FOH design, Branding and BOH LMS systems.

Congrats to you. When you have been responsible for P&L (profit and loss) for many food service operations, and also automotive facilities, for 30 years, you can call me. You may consult, design, and implement the systems. I do the same, except I RUN them for every hour of every day.

Congrats to you. When you have been responsible for P&L (profit and loss) for many food service operations, and also automotive facilities, for 30 years, you can call me. You may consult, design, and implement the systems. I do the same, except I RUN them for every hour of every day.

You don't bring nearly the breadth of experience our team does. The fact that you run them as an operator is exactly what I referenced about the individual operators using their knowledge only. Operators think like operators and feel their limited experience at their brands and locations makes them an expert.

I personally don't need to run them. I work with the leading people in the industry who have and do. We also involve our customers and their leading operations people to build the best in practice principles for the industry.

Members of my team include the lead architect for McDonald's for over 32 years, the patent holder for the BK Drive through system design a leading engineer that went from Ford Automotive's industrial engineering team to Taco Bell other leading brands prior to joining us and a former COO of Red Lobster. The rest are architects and industrial engineers which are the leading principles used when designing the most effective operations of a restaurant.

My background is Architecture, Engineering and for the past 15 years technology and software solutions.

If you are serious about opening a franchise, check out http://www.elpolloloco.com/ or http://www.sonomachickencoop.com/

Both are hot brands on the rise. Or gather up a group of investors and get into a McD's or BK or Dunkin brand. But you'll need $2M per location and likely have a requirement to open multiple units in a given time frame. Quizno's, Subway, etc...you'll work way too hard for way little return. As much as I like both brands, money is best invested elsewhere in terms of actually looking at ROI.

Edited by TTQ B4U

How can you hate them, they make whatever you want then run it through a toaster. I usually get some kind of bbq chicken sub (baja chicken I think) with onions, tastes delicious toasted.

go to Penn Station, their subs are extremely tasty way better than Quiznos

Guest 614Streets

I used one coupon on Monday with no issues and only ordered it. Yesterday I got one downtown and had no issue and I added Iced tea and chips with it.

And the guy behind the counter had his myspace open on the laptop , of which my opinion of that is that they are not "prisoners" in their working enviornment.

This country owes much more respect tot the hands that feed us considering the low wages at some establishments. I have always been a higher than average tipper at blue collar food establishments. Last week I gave the entire staff at Waffle house $5 each after eating just because that Will Finn most of the time.

With that said I would ignore any quirks or vibes about using free food coupons. No shame in that.