Game Review: NFS: Undercover.

Draco-REX

I feel stupid for buying this piece of shit.

I thought: "Hey, the NFS series is still around, so they must've gotten better. Even Test Drive turned itself around." "At least it's not Test Drive." "I think I'd enjoy a fun arcade racer." "EA isn't evil incarnate.."

ALL LIES!!

First off, the story is linear as hell and you don't actually interact with it. It's Two Thousand and Fucking Nine and we have a video game that's not interactive.

Next idiocy is apparently the AI. I guess the "Video Game Major" graduates (monkeys) they hired to make this steaming pile of bullshit, can't program a game AI if their life depends on it. How else can they explain:

1. Always starting you at the back of the pack. Maybe a random number subroutine to pick a number from 1-8 is too hard for these idiots.

2. Your car spins like a top when it gets hit, the AI drives tanks.

3. THe AI will RUN YOU OFF THE ROAD and PIT you. And that's NOT the cops. The cops couldn't PIT if their lives depended on it.

4. The cops chase ONLY you. Ok, this isn't fucking 1996 and we're playing Hot Pursuit. This is 2009. There's no reason why a cop will IGNORE tha AI players. Unless your AI is just that bad.

5. "Tune" your car and you race against cars a tier higher than you. And you can't AFFORD the next tier of cars.

The physics are crap, but it's an arcade game, so I wasn't expecting much. But the biggest evil of them all? Spending Microsoft Points instead of in-game cash. Oh, there's in-game cash. But the pay outs are pitiful and don't seem to go up. And to stay competitive, you have to buy upgrades. What about the cras you win? Can't sell them for even a penny. They set up the money system in this to encourage you to buy cars and upgrades with REAL MONEY.

I can't believe this pile of crap is even on the shelf. And I double can't believe I payed money for this and can't return it. Oh well, you win some, you lose some. No more NFS games for me.

If anyone wants this crap game, it's yours. Just PM me your address and I'll try to get the post office to handle this pile of fecal matter.

• Upvote 1

Give it to me so I can play a real copy instead of a backup.

I don't know about all the gripes you have about this game. First off it is need for speed so the physics are very "arcade like". So yes if you get hit you are going to spin more then normal. The cop cars only chase the first person they see. Hot pursuit was the same way. A cop sitting on the road and you are in 1st place and fly by him... he only tries to take you down. He will ignore any other person until you are pulled over.

Also yes the AI is very aggressive but that doesn't bother me. You only have cosmetic damage in this game so fuck every car but your own. It is an arcade game remember? It is easy to PIT a racer I think more easy then the police. At least the racers will stay in the same path around the track. A cop will grind you forever if you let them.

The game is hard to begin with but once you beat a few of the tracks you will win a new car. Man only took me like an hour when I first played it to make enough money that my car was maxed out on upgrades. It took days and days before I could unlock the next step of upgrades. So I have no issue using in game cash to deck out the car. No reason to buy a new car just use the one you have. Many times during the game you will race a circuit race and if you win you get a pink slip of your choice of all the racers.

No seriously give me the game. I have liked all the different NFS games (except the Porsche challenge) for different reason... Positive reasons.

Give it to me so I can play a real copy instead of a backup.

Already spoken for.

I don't know about all the gripes you have about this game. First off it is need for speed so the physics are very "arcade like". So yes if you get hit you are going to spin more then normal.

My issue is that the AI cars DON'T spin.

The cop cars only chase the first person they see. Hot pursuit was the same way. A cop sitting on the road and you are in 1st place and fly by him... he only tries to take you down. He will ignore any other person until you are pulled over.

Nope, they pull over the first PLAYER. AIs are ignored. Multiple times, I'm trying to chase down an AI car, and they blow RIGHT past a cop who doesn't even blink until I come in range. As for them hounding you until you're caught, I'd accept this more if they EVER chased the AI, but they don't. They shouldn't be racing with the other drivers, but taking them out too. Nope, it's still Hot Pursuit. Cops are there just to fuck with the player.

Also yes the AI is very aggressive but that doesn't bother me. You only have cosmetic damage in this game so fuck every car but your own. It is an arcade game remember? It is easy to PIT a racer I think more easy then the police. At least the racers will stay in the same path around the track. A cop will grind you forever if you let them.

WHen they hit me, they'll PIN me to the wall until the whole field has passed.

The game is hard to begin with but once you beat a few of the tracks you will win a new car. Man only took me like an hour when I first played it to make enough money that my car was maxed out on upgrades. It took days and days before I could unlock the next step of upgrades. So I have no issue using in game cash to deck out the car. No reason to buy a new car just use the one you have. Many times during the game you will race a circuit race and if you win you get a pink slip of your choice of all the racers.

I bought a Tier 3 Evo X and maxed it out on RACE mods. I'm racing against Tier 2 cars and I can't afford to buy a $150K car on $2K per race. Not to mention that any of the cop races, you don't earn a dime. And I'm "Dominating" nearly every race I run.

By the time your car becomes obsolete, you should be able to afford the next level of car. You shouldn't have to slog on, playing a catch-up game just to scrape together enough pennies just to end up behind again. If the AI can't play on an even playing field in a RACING game, then the AI sucks.

No seriously give me the game. I have liked all the different NFS games (except the Porsche challenge) for different reason... Positive reasons.

I don't know what you see in this game. I don't enjoy being fucked with, or conned and this game tries both.

There are many of times the AI grins against me and tries to get me to the wall. All you do is tap your brake once then floor it and hit the boost button. You will never have a problem doing it this way. My audi TT drives better then tier 2 AI cars. Hit the brake around corners and its all good. Especially with the arcade style control there are countless times going down a hill at 150+mph I tap the brakes then turn and floor it and I stay on the road. If it was any other game my car would hit the wall all the time.

Yeah shit game, im so pissed I bought it. I should have rented it first. I dont know what the fuck I was thinking. I will never buy their shit again.

A game worth buying is Rainbow Six Vegas 2, I dont remember how long ive had it but its the only game I play, I love it. Anyone here have Vegas 2 on PS3?

Yeah shit game, im so pissed I bought it. I should have rented it first. I dont know what the fuck I was thinking. I will never buy their shit again.

A game worth buying is Rainbow Six Vegas 2, I dont remember how long ive had it but its the only game I play, I love it. Anyone here have Vegas 2 on PS3?

I got excited when i saw Vegas 2,Then i saw PS3 :(