Fucking PayPal

KillJoy

I recently sold a bunch of Comic Books on EBay, and listed PayPal as the only payment type. The Winner won the item on last Thursday, but did not pay until last night.

Now, PayPal says there is a "HOLD" on the Funds until they receive confirmation of the item being received, or Positive Feedback being left on EBay. BUT, if there is a dispute, or Claim, or anything, it will delay it.

This fucking sucks....

KillJoy

He's probably a newb at paypal and hasn't done enough transactions. My "score" is up in the 30's and "verified" if that matters. The guy may have just opened his paypal account and they want to check and make sure the funds are there before they do the transaction.

That's my best guess.

Guest Removed
He's probably a newb at paypal and hasn't done enough transactions. My "score" is up in the 30's and "verified" if that matters. The guy may have just opened his paypal account and they want to check and make sure the funds are there before they do the transaction.

That's my best guess.

same here

if your not verified, then it way slower...

PayPal is turning into the scammer tool of the century. It's becoming a regular thing to see someone send merchandise, then get a dispute claiming a DOA on the stuff they sent. Then the buyer takes forever sending it back, and when it comes in, it's a similar item to what was sent, but beat to shit. Unfortunately, most people aren't paranoid enough to document their shipping, so they can't do a damn thing about it.

I think PayPal is going to be facing major lawsuits and maybe even criminal charges within a couple years.

From PayPal:

PayPal and eBay are working together to make payments for eBay items even safer. Because we want both buyers and sellers to feel confident about sending and receiving payments through PayPal, we may temporarily hold payments for items sold on eBay.

Make sure to ship the item right away, so you'll have access to the funds sooner. We'll release the hold in 21 days unless you receive a dispute, claim, chargeback, or reversal on the transaction subject to the hold. We may release the hold earlier if either of the following occurs:

• The buyer leaves you positive feedback on eBay.
  • We confirm that the item was delivered.* We can confirm delivery if you ship the item with USPS, FedEx, or UPS and either use PayPal shipping labels or upload tracking information from the transaction details page. This applies to transactions within the United States.

Additional hold period

If you receive a dispute, claim, chargeback, or reversal on the transaction subject to the hold, we may hold the payment until the problem is resolved.

Learn more about the PayPal policy for payments holds on eBay items.

* This applies to US domestic transactions that are shipped by USPS, FedEx, or UPS and either (i) use PayPal shipping labels to ship items or (ii) provide tracking information to PayPal.

:(

KillJoy

Well, I won't be using PayPal for selling anymore, not that I have for quite while. If eBay goes over to PayPal only like they've talked about, then I won't use eBay. I think there's probably enough other people that feel that way to put a real crimp in eBay's profits...

I had a big transaction last month be put on hold and I had to wait for the buyer to confirm before Paypal would give me the money. It was just a regular transaction, not with ebay. What sucked for me is the guy was out of the country at the time so it took forever for him to confirm the transaction, grrrrr.