Oil Changes for a new car

BIGGU

Ok well some of you know I recently purchased a car and i saw the thread above about synthetic oil changes and i got to thinking what kinda oil change schedule i should be doing on my car, car just went over 1,1xx miles and i was kinda planning on doing a oil change at 1500 miles with standard oil (probably castrol GTX because its what i got and use in all the other cars) and then once the car is at 3,000 miles doing a oil change with synthetics probably Eneos oil or Amsoil.

What is the normal recommended schedule for a brand new car? if I do the schedule im planning will it be ok? this is my first brand new car and i just wanna make sure im doing it correct.

when i worked for nissan, they told that when a customer bought a new car to just have them come back after 3k to do the first oil change. but i did get to talk to a motor and oil engineer for nissan and he said to do the first oil change at 1500 and that would be the time to change to synthetic. what car is it?

Thanks the car is a 2008 Mazdaspeed3, being turbo from the factory i would assume they would run synthetics in the car but knowing how company's like to save money they probably put conventional oil in it.

I ended up doing my first at 6K. I decided every 6 since the stupid dealer says every 12, and the computer will chime in, from what i've read at nearly 20!.. Thats how they offer all free maintainance for 3 years lol

I also drive 2K a month, mostly highway, so 6 seems nice. I just use dealer synthetic, because i cannot find the right oil anywhere else cheaper

Thanks the car is a 2008 Mazdaspeed3, being turbo from the factory i would assume they would run synthetics in the car but knowing how company's like to save money they probably put conventional oil in it.

sorry for the confusion. Yes, I was referring to your new speed3. My wife's Mazda6 came with a factory synthetic fill so I'd be REALLY surprised if your speed3 came with conventional.

I'd stick to syn and switch at 1500 as planned, then go to your normal change intervals from there.

the guy with the world record for highest miles, some 2 million miles on an old volvo, changed his oil every 9,000 miles with synthetic, but changed the filter every 3,000. But his car is old as balls.

FWIW,

A lot of the OEM's initial fills have not just oil, but accelerators and such to help break things in asap. I would honestly keep the initial fill in there for 1000 - 1500 miles and then proceed with whatever oil you intend to use for the life of the car.