Lost my job yesterday....

Rhett

Well yesterday, I go into work and the district manager comes in and says lets have a talk... I knew what was comming because they have not been paid my overtime since December so they owe me $2,500 in OT. So I asked them when I was going to get it, they blew me off... so I filled a complaint with the Ohio Department of Labor. Well they must have got the complaint. The Fired me for Stealing company property... I am not a thief, I sent myself a link that we use to keep track on our appointments so I could call my 9am appointments to see if they were comming in on days I didn't have to be in till noon.

So anybody need a hard worker... I am a military man. No bull shit.. no drama.. always on time and well kept. I have many experiences from being a manager of a fitness club (Lifestyle Family Fitness), Worked in a Kitchen at Outback Steak house on 161 a few years back, I know how to turn a wrench, Have done a good bit of landscaping. I have to reliable cars and if I need to supply my own tools I can. I just need to make $12 an hour for 40 hours a week... but any thing will help.

Please help me if you can!

PS: Dont Join Lifestyle Family Fitness..... Urban Active is Cheaper! lol...

You better file suit for that OT you didn't get paid.. Dicks Sporting Goods did the VERY same thing to me by accusing me of stealing property, which I never did, and I left before they tried to fire me. BUT, I am now part of a lawsuit against Dicks because obviously they didn't pay a lot of people for OT.

That lawsuit is pending and being investigated by the state now, and my representative said since both me and the person who filled the complaint with me were fired on the same day for bogus reasons 20min apart, we have a unlawful termination law suit too, So I should have money coming but we know how long that can take.

Please let me know if you know any thing that can help me.

Netflix warehouse is hiring in GC. They have signs up in a few intersections in town if I see one I'll get the number.

Edit: I just drove by I think the number is 614-552-3284. I don't work there or know any details just posting this up for the hell of it. Good luck finding something.

Edited by SOM_TA
Added content

I can't make you 12 an hour but I can help in the mean time if necessary. I've met you briefly and you didn't seem like a bad guy.

If you apply to a Panera Bread in the Westerville/Columbus area, put me as a reference and I will speak to the DM if I can. If you want to work as a manager (it would be ~30k per year) I can probably talk to the RM for you.

• 2 weeks later...
Wait, they actually fired you for stealing? Never terminate with cause, at-will means I can terminate for no reason (can't fight it in court). If you did something to improve your performance, and didn't actually steal anything, you will be a rich man. Get a lawyer fast.

Wait, they actually fired you for stealing? Never terminate with cause, at-will means I can terminate for no reason (can't fight it in court). If you did something to improve your performance, and didn't actually steal anything, you will be a rich man. Get a lawyer fast.

^ right freakin there, man^

Did they have you sign anything, or give you a copy of the termination papers? You have the right to have those documents under the law,and they will serve you very well in court!

So many people do not understand "at-will"...............fools!

Eli is right. Contact me and I'll refer you to a very good labor attorney. I went through a similar situation and won a decent settlement.

I didn't want to publicize your info, but I did want to recommend whoever you used. :) I tried to be careful with my wording.

Well, god news is I have a job, I am going full time at my base again. Thank God for the Guard.

Bad news- I am still working on the OT pay suit with the Ohio Department of Labor, then after this thing I will be going onto the unlawful termination suit. Anthony I will keep you in mind. Thank you guys!