Who can burn PROMS for my TBI truck

Cereal_Killer

I need to find someone locally who can tune my truck, I am running the stock V6 tune right and while it runs all right cruising but it falls on its face above about 50% throttle. I talked to Brian from mobile chassis dyno and he doesn't have the equipment to burn chips, he offered to do it if I purchased all the equipment but I don't want to do all that. Can anyone in Columbus do it? It is a 95 S10 TBI. Engine is a Vortec 350, Crane cam - Duration @ .050": 216°/228°, Lift w/1.6's: .484"/ .512", LSA:112°. Performer RPM intake with Holley TBI adapter plate and a throttle body spacer, Hooker LT's, stock stall, stock 4L60. The harness, TBI unit and computer are all what came in the truck when it had the 4.3. Edited by Cereal_Killer

Guest Removed
Its Tbi and a 4.3 v6? Not cpi but tbi?

yeah will the c1500 was like that, and the early s10 and astros

(throttle body injected) not tune port like it seems your thinking..put down the bong;)

Guest 614Streets
yeah will the c1500 was like that, and the early s10 and astros

(throttle body injected) not tune port like it seems your thinking..put down the bong;)

Oh stfu , my 95 gmc is tbi and I highly fucking doubt anyone in columbus knows as much and has done as much with a tbi motor as me. (Yes I am sounding like anthony at the moment)

Im not thinking tuned port Im thinking the old cpi with the poppet valves.

Anyways. I am guessing this thing isnt stock lol.

Guest 614Streets
Yes I am sure it is a tuning problem and yes its TBI.

No its not stock, its a vortec 350 with a huge cam and every bolt on.

Ok I thought it was a 4.3.

Well If you find a local prom guy let us know I don't know of any. I have a roots blown tbi that runs a aftermarket ecu. Holley commander with a 670 cfi 85 lb injector tbi. Runs awesome. Did all the tuning myself.

Guest Removed
well using the v-6 ecu and a v-8 dizzy will not work right together from what i under stand. i did a swap like that years ago and used a c1500 ecu and dizzy, along with the engine and trans from that truck

Guest 614Streets
Yes I am sure it is a tuning problem, sorry I should have been more specific but this is a V8 swap truck. Its far from stock, I edited my first post with engine info. I dont want to have to resort to a mail order tune.

Oh yeah mail order tuning my ass thats all bullshit anyways they can't nail a tune by mailing chips. Seriously the Holley commander 950 or other aftermarket ecus are the way to go to get the truck tuned right , unless you get into prom burning yourself then you should be able to get there with help from a true wideband.

You can grab a ecu from a fullsize like my 95 gmc sierra it has a 350 tbi in it with a 4l60e, should do better than the 4.3 ecu u got.

I've been down this road with a 93 Suburban that I built a 496 for.

I added a Walbro 255 and a bored and sleeved TBI that flows over 980 cfm. Went to moates.net and bought everything including the Ostrich realtime emulator. Used the wideband O2 from Innovate and once it was all said and done I could have done what 614Streets is saying to do and bought a real system. He is also right about the mail order stuff. Never heard a good thing from mail order tunes.

If you have lots of time and patience, go to thirdgen.org and moates.net to do your own tuning with TunerProRT, (free), and the gear from Moates.

If you do not have an electronic trans you'll have more options with the stuff found on Moates.

I got so fed up with trying to feed a 496 with a two-barrel that has injectors going static that I am in the middle of putting an 850 Demon on the thing.

Really, thirdgen.org should be your next stop if you plan on keeping the tbi. There may be someone over there nearby you willing to help.

I have all the stuff to do it but no longer live in Cbus.

Guest 614Streets
I've been down this road with a 93 Suburban that I built a 496 for.

I added a Walbro 255 and a bored and sleeved TBI that flows over 980 cfm. Went to moates.net and bought everything including the Ostrich realtime emulator. Used the wideband O2 from Innovate and once it was all said and done I could have done what 614Streets is saying to do and bought a real system. He is also right about the mail order stuff. Never heard a good thing from mail order tunes.

If you have lots of time and patience, go to thirdgen.org and moates.net to do your own tuning with TunerProRT, (free), and the gear from Moates.

If you do not have an electronic trans you'll have more options with the stuff found on Moates.

I got so fed up with trying to feed a 496 with a two-barrel that has injectors going static that I am in the middle of putting an 850 Demon on the thing.

Really, thirdgen.org should be your next stop if you plan on keeping the tbi. There may be someone over there nearby you willing to help.

I have all the stuff to do it but no longer live in Cbus.

Hey man! Still got the wagon?

I'm about to order a BURN2 and the memcal adapter and a couple blank chips from Moates here in a week or so. I just found thirdgen.org the other night. I got some 5.7 injectors and modded the fuel pressure regulator to make it adjustable today and it was a huge improvement. It still desperately needs a tune but I'm able to go WOT and have fun with it till I get the stuff going.

Before you go any further on prom burning I would suggest looking into dynamic efi:

http://http://www.dynamicefi.com/

Send your ecu in and they put in a new board that uses a flash based memory rather than a prom, increases the performance, and allows for a full range of tuning and data logging. Search EBL or EBL Flash on thirdgen.org for more information. I've been running this system on my Camaro for about a year now and I am very happy with it. You shouldn't have any problems with your setup. I would recommend a wide band O2 sensor if you don't have one already regardless of the tuning system, if you will be doing it yourself.

Before you go any further on prom burning I would suggest looking into dynamic efi:

http://http://www.dynamicefi.com/

Send your ecu in and they put in a new board that uses a flash based memory rather than a prom, increases the performance, and allows for a full range of tuning and data logging. Search EBL or EBL Flash on thirdgen.org for more information. I've been running this system on my Camaro for about a year now and I am very happy with it. You shouldn't have any problems with your setup. I would recommend a wide band O2 sensor if you don't have one already regardless of the tuning system, if you will be doing it yourself.

Last I checked they have not yet made it compatible with electronic auto transmissions. You could work around it by piggy-backing a stock ecu to only run the trans or buy a $900+ trans controller from TCI or similar.

Sorry its a 4L60E. I've already looked into EBL flash till I discovered that. My big debate right now is between the BURN2 and a Ostrich, I'm leaning towards the BURN2 so I'm not limited to tuning 1 car, though real time tuning is a BIG plus. I also have a 95 K2500 that has the same '7427 PCM as well that I'd like to be able to play around with.