I saw a new camaro oh my gad!!

NOPR

I thought they were aiming for mid 12's according to motor trend. Then again I could be wrong. I can't rember it was a old old old article when they put both the mustang and the camaro in some software and raced them .

ford is looking for low 13's, possibly 12's with good conditions on their '10 mustang GT with the 3.73 rear end option. chevy would be lucky if they're v8 camaro could match that. i'm not a fan of the new mustangs either, or the camaro, or any of this retro 4000+lb shit

Your posts are usually right on - your off on this one. Funny you should mention weight driving a Cobra but the new Camaros will weigh almost exactly what a Cobra weighs - 3700 #'s for the V6 and under 3900 for the V8 (Cobra is ~3800 if I remember right). The V8 will be a mid 12s car per most mags I have read. The 556 HP Z28 is done but needs Gov't blessing to be released. All models will have IRS as well.

Your posts are usually right on - your off on this one. Funny you should mention weight driving a Cobra but the new Camaros will weigh almost exactly what a Cobra weighs - 3700 #'s for the V6 and under 3900 for the V8 (Cobra is ~3800 if I remember right). The V8 will be a mid 12s car per most mags I have read. The 556 HP Z28 is done but needs Gov't blessing to be released. All models will have IRS as well.

i'll admit, i don't know a ton about them. i had assumed that the top supercharged model got the axe. trust me, i'm routing for GM just as much as the die-hard f-body guys--i'm looking at two GM cars--an SUV and sports car, so i want them to do well.

i would be pleasantly surprised if the V8's hit mid 12's with 400-ish hp, 3900lbs, and an IRS. cobras push over 400hp, and coupes weigh 3650lbs--the standard 'good' run for a stock cobra is 12.7 in the 1/4. GT500's weigh in right around 3850lbs and run mid 12's with 500hp.

i have to admit i would give the 550hp blown version a serious thought if it responded to mods favorably.

It will be interesting to see what the SS ends up running. I figure it has 100 hp more than a stock 02 Trans Am and weighs 2-300 #'s more. Some 02s were breaking into the 12s stock so I figure the new one should certainly get into the 12s.

You make a good point on the IRS though on the strip - that will hurt.

The torque curve on these motors will be rediculous I am confident.