The Playoffs

HotCarl

Got our tickets today. section 111, 17th row seats 3-5 at the Joe. I seriously cant fucking wait. If anyone is going this saturday hit me up and we can meet for a beer or something before. Just looking for some jacket fans, the whole "strength in numbers" thing.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bahhhh, I have to go to school tonight, and have an exam the night that I got tickets for the game.

If this bitch does not let me take my exam at a different time, I'll be uber pissed.

Well if she doesn't LMK, I'll take / buy the tickets off you. :D

Tomorrow night we pick it back up and gain the momentum gonig back into C-bus.

+1 Tomorrow night's game is key to this series, at least for the Jackets. I just hope Manny doesn't try that hand-swatting crap again. :mad:

I was so happy to see Klesla playing so hard last night. He was great. I was expecting way more out of Peca, since he's so talked about with his Playoff-pickup, but there's still plenty of time. Umberger was great as well. I think Nash remained way too low-key for someone supposed to be carrying the team. Modin and Hejda looked pretty strong too, at least in the first half of the game. Though they lost 4-1, I thought that it was much closer then that overall. We owned the first half of the game, then Jackets-syndrome took over.

What an embarrassment. There's so much wrong, I don't even want to begin. Defense, offense, power play, PK, faceoffs, passing, Nash, Mason; all of it is completely awful right now. :mad:

Whoa whoa whoa. Calm down. Mason isn't looking that bad, it's just his team isn't giving him very much in return. The puck has been in their defensive zone pretty much the whole series. I really think Mason is playing very well under the circumstances. You can't expect him to make every single save.

I just think they are playing a lot more physical and for some reason all our guys have gotten soft. I haven't seen but a couple good hits on our side, but every hit Detroit is making is hard. Doesn't help that we can't stay out of the penalty box and our PP is the worst in the history of the NHL pretty much. If we would be more disiplined it'd be 1-0 instead of those 3 PP goals.

Whoa whoa whoa. Calm down. Mason isn't looking that bad, it's just his team isn't giving him very much in return. The puck has been in their defensive zone pretty much the whole series. I really think Mason is playing very well under the circumstances. You can't expect him to make every single save.

I just think they are playing a lot more physical and for some reason all our guys have gotten soft. I haven't seen but a couple good hits on our side, but every hit Detroit is making is hard. Doesn't help that we can't stay out of the penalty box and our PP is the worst in the history of the NHL pretty much. If we would be more disiplined it'd be 1-0 instead of those 3 PP goals.

I think at least 2 of the goals tonight came down to Mason simply just reacting too late. I realize that if Commodore and Hejda would have actually played their man and defended well that Mason would not have been put in to those situations, but with a team like Detroit, it's all about goaltending because they collapse teams' defenses so well. That last goal on Mason, he should have stopped. That was simply a mistake. I know he's a rookie, but nobody can dispute that how much better he played a couple of months ago.

Other than that, the vets simply are not leading. For being guys that have played in the playoffs before, they sure aren't playing like it. Chimera seems to always play hard, and Huselius played slightly better tonight, but Modin, Williams and especially Peca are making too small of an impact.

Yeah they are not playing up to the level they should be playing at. Mason i think is playing very well, he has made a lot of very good saves these past 2 games, if it was not for him these games would have been more than blowouts. I agree with you mike that Modin, Williams, and Peca have not been playing good. In my opinion Modin and Peca are very very over rated, but Williams has to step it up he has kinda been in a slump recently . I hope they can pull it together and make this series enjoyable.

I just got back from detroit and it was fun. Would've been a hell of alot more fun had we won (or at least scored). Highpoints and lowpoints....

-Detroit really is as dirty as everyone says

-Wings fans are split, some are cool some are assholes, big deal

-Anchor Bar ftw... especially courtesy shuttle to and from the joe

-To the wings fan that got on the shuttle after the game singing hail to the victors... really? do ya wanna open up that can?

-To the same fan who says "whats columbus got?" and to the jacket fan who answered "Jobs"

How the fuck can you waste an entire powerplay and not even get 1 shot on goal?

Lets go Jackets? :confused:

Well I still plan on going to Thursdays game, I sure hope Detroit lets us win one (I don't think the CBJ's have the offence to win it on their own). But oh well at least the Penguins are still doing good in the East, GO PENS!!!

Playoff hockey is an entirely different game than regular season, and people are to quick to realize that.

Playing aggressive chippy hockey is how you make it through the playoffs and Detroit knows that. They return the same line up almost every year and when was the last time that they missed out making the post season?

Look out for the jackets next year as a much larger threat. I'm glad that got to play such a skilled team in the first round.

I agree with you Radio Flyer, i mean did anyone actually think we could be beat Detroit in the playoffs this year. But i am real excited about next year, I hope we stay away from injuries to key players, and we pick up 1 legit defensmen. Then I really think we have a real good shot to make it deep into the playoffs.