Verizon Wireless Blackberry Storm

Balian

Has anyone heard anything bad about this phone? I am thinking of buying one and want to know if I need to look out for anything. So far everyone I know locally has told me it is a very good phone to deal with.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few people at work have it and they have mixed reviews about it. For a corporate setup I think its a clunky phone, the interface is very hit or miss IMO. The touch screen is nice but I think that they could of made it better with more research and R&D.

Awesome, thanks!

I was looking at an iphone, but I don't want to switch providers. There was another Samsung phone that was more like an iphone but as I compared them, the samsung didn't have as many features as the blackberry.

I know 3 people that have them, they love it. They've had zero problems with the storm, other than the texting was a little hard to get used to. I am not a big fan of touch screen phones, so I got an 8330 curve.

I would think that the Samsung Omnia would be a better choice. But it really depends on what your looking for in a cell phone.

not even close to being as user friendly as the storm. it is nice it has windows mobile on it, but other than that...FAIL.

tom

I've got one and an iphone too. Overall I like my storm over my iphone. Each has its problems. I had to get my storm replaced this week due to the screen messing up but also I had to get my iphone replaced due to no sound coming out from the speaker or headphone jack.

I would think that the Samsung Omnia would be a better choice. But it really depends on what your looking for in a cell phone.

I thought the same until I did the phone comparison. It showed that the Omnia did not have the email function that I am looking for.

the Storm is junk. who wants to get a phone knowing that it has problems. And pre planning to take it in for repairs. The omnia is ok, however you cant go wrong with a curve. I have used all these phones. I work for VZW and im telling you that its a bad idea. give me a call and we can talk about it if you like. I will give you a better deal on whatever phone you want anyways. Ask anyone!.lol

I know people that hate it, and people that love it to death. I used it for a month and I dont care for it. A friend used it and now swears its the best phone known to man. The best advice I can give you is to go to the store and form your own opinion. You are the one that has to use it and one mans trash is another mans treasure.... Just remember its going to be a year or two before you can replace it. My vote for you would be to go with the curve as well.

I had a Storm and sent it back for a Curve...then I cracked the screen on the Curve :( I love it though, definitely a lot better than the Storm.

PS: any of you Verizon guys know if my insurance would cover the cracked screen? I honestly have no idea how it happened. I looked at it one minute and it was fine, picked it up the next and it was cracked...kiiiinda pissed me off.

I know people that hate it, and people that love it to death. I used it for a month and I dont care for it. A friend used it and now swears its the best phone known to man. The best advice I can give you is to go to the store and form your own opinion. You are the one that has to use it and one mans trash is another mans treasure.... Just remember its going to be a year or two before you can replace it. My vote for you would be to go with the curve as well.

+1. I borrowed a buddy's Storm and thought it was clunky and the click-gimmick was meh. However, he thinks it's phenomenal. I'd go with a Curve, Niagara(when it comes out) or a Bold(AT&T).

PS: any of you Verizon guys know if my insurance would cover the cracked screen? I honestly have no idea how it happened. I looked at it one minute and it was fine, picked it up the next and it was cracked...kiiiinda pissed me off.

Same thing with my Voyager. They covered it. I was going to go for # 3, but I said F that, and no phones at the Verizon store really 'said' anything to me. Ordered an HTC earlier this evening (XV6800, used em before, like em.)

I had a Storm and sent it back for a Curve...then I cracked the screen on the Curve :( I love it though, definitely a lot better than the Storm.

Umm thats what insurance is for,it could be covered in fecal matter and they would replace it for the $50.

And fuck all you haters I love me my storm.

So, I call VZW to make sure my phone is going to work in Europe (the sales person told me she wasn't sure how to set it up). The guy tells me I have to call before I leave to have them update my account to be global, and then call when I get back so it will work in the US again. I asked WTF? Your adverts say I can go from sydney to tokyo to chicago and won't notice. He says that this is how it works, have to call. My old BB 8830 World didn't require this.

Anyone work for VZW that can tell me if this guy is a moron?

So, I call VZW to make sure my phone is going to work in Europe (the sales person told me she wasn't sure how to set it up). The guy tells me I have to call before I leave to have them update my account to be global, and then call when I get back so it will work in the US again. I asked WTF? Your adverts say I can go from sydney to tokyo to chicago and won't notice. He says that this is how it works, have to call. My old BB 8830 World didn't require this.

Anyone work for VZW that can tell me if this guy is a moron?

Not sure about verizon and CDMA, but with GSM you just get off the plane and turn your phone on. What kind of phone is it?