SC300 Turbo Build

Alex L.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Revive is my favorite Vitamin Water flavor.

Shit's good.

alex you going to need to do alot of work with that piping man.

Cut, fit, repeat.

:slap:

GE Internals have a higher compression, and the stock injectors are 330cc. So, hes running 330's and like 9.5 to 1 or 10.1 compression instead of 7.8 So yea...

On this compression I'm only good for 10psi. A new headgasket will change that.

On this compression I'm only good for 10psi. A new headgasket will change that.

What are you putting in? a 2 or 3mm? Some guy on SF put a 2mm in his 1jz-ge and it lowered the compression a little. Enough to run a few more lbs, maybe 2-3, but nothing dramatic. Id just swap in some GTE internals or go aftermarket when you do your headgasket since the head will already be off.

I ended up with a 2.0 mm on my 1.5jz and my compression ended up being 8.67:1

Dunno what a 1.5jz compression ratio would be stock though, since its half of a 1j and half of a 2j lol.

Edited by Fubar231

:slap:

GE Internals have a higher compression, and the stock injectors are 330cc. So, hes running 330's and like 9.5 to 1 or 10.1 compression instead of 7.8 So yea...

He's running 10.1:1 and the GTE is 8.5:1, not 7.8. I said nothing about the injectors. No shit he needs more fuel to run higher boost. I'm talking about the strength of the internals.

EDIT: I have a 3mm SP HG if you're interested. It was installed at one point but I switched it out for a stock TT HG before ever running it.

He's running 10.1:1 and the GTE is 8.5:1, not 7.8. I said nothing about the injectors. No shit he needs more fuel to run higher boost. I'm talking about the strength of the internals.

EDIT: I have a 3mm SP HG if you're interested. It was installed at one point but I switched it out for a stock TT HG before ever running it.

I can get a brand new TT HG for a killer price, so I'm just going to go with that.

Shane, I will have low enough compression to run in the high 20psi range. I just need the ECU and fuel to do it now.

My bad fuck. I know the 7m comp is 7.8 stock so thats what i was just throwin out as numbers. Wasn't trying to be 100% fucking correct.

• 2 weeks later...
I heard a turbo sc300 was getting beat up on this weekend, was that you?

two other guys

white car had a 2jz-gte swap with 6speed, and supposedly a GT-40 on it. looked small to be a GT-40 to me.

Red car was a auto with 1jz. guy refused to tell me anything regarding whats done told me

"you race me and beat me ill tell you whats done"

what a dick head, I just wanted to know info for when I do my single turbo swap.

I guess I know what not to do now ;)

two other guys

white car had a 2jz-gte swap with 6speed, and supposedly a GT-40 on it. looked small to be a GT-40 to me.

Red car was a auto with 1jz. guy refused to tell me anything regarding whats done told me

what a dick head, I just wanted to know info for when I do my single turbo swap.

And here I thought you guys were all rollin together. I see 3 SC300's parked together and I just assume they're a group.

Thats what I get for assuming ... you know what they say about "assuming" don't you ?

That you shouldn't do it.

two other guys

Archie and myself layed the smackdown on the red one in his near stock LS1 car... could'nt have to much done to it

And here I thought you guys were all rollin together. I see 3 SC300's parked together and I just assume they're a group.

Thats what I get for assuming ... you know what they say about "assuming" don't you ?

That you shouldn't do it.

I see what you did there.