Paraplegic Man Suffers Spider Bite, Walks Again

ImUrOBGYN

Ya I don't see the spider/walking relation either. Sounds like he just had shitty medical help before.

Brown Recluse venom, like many spiders, eats at tissue and causes nerve damage. It's possible that there was a reversal from the venom, but they left out too much info in that article to assume anything.

Waiting on Kirk and Dr. Rick to chime in with their thoughts :burn:

Oh fuck.

Here it is now:

Rick: "Meh...modern medicine is blasphemy. I could have made the man walk with a bible and good massage."

Kirk: "Baha. You're a retard."

Rick: "No way! What did you go to school for? A year?"

+100 more pages of nonsense.

anyone miss this?

Blancarte's dreams may have to wait. He was arrested Friday (3/13) on an outstanding warrant stemming from a domestic abuse case.

at the bottom of the article.

Oh, and I"m going to call Bullshit and say a chiropractor is responsible for making him walk again.

The spine can be damaged by tearing, bruising, swelling, compression, any number of ways other than being severed. Some of them can last for a long time and then "heal". And hte spider bite could have had something to do with it. Brown Recluse venom(if that's actually what it was) is pretty complicated shit, and could have affected that damaged tissue in any number of ways.