Audi A5 pros and cons

ShoMeSomeFun

I'll let you know in June when I get my hands on an S5 for a week. Probably too far off for you though.

No I have plenty of time after i finish my next contract, i'll look for your thread about it if i havent bought one by then. Im pretty sold on getting one.

The A5 is a great car. It comes with the 3.2 V6 with FSI direct fuel injection and 265hp. I would recommend the 6mt over the auto, but the new auto is worlds better than they were before. I also would recommend the S-line package because they look dead sexy and it adds the amazing 19" wheels which are my favorite Audi wheel ever made.

They are pricey though. A loaded A5 will be a few thousands MORE than an S5. I have driven both, and of course loved them both. The S5 has fantastic power, and the A5 has good power.

The new A4 can be had with the 3.2 and an auto, or even better, the new 2.0T with a mt. They are essentially the same car, and you can pick up an A4 for much cheaper, and with the new 2.0T with a chip, can get 330 crank tq.

I have to start with pointing out that I'm an Audi person at heart. I love my A4 to death and stand by the fact that it's been one of the best cars I've ever owned.

That said the major issue with the A5 is...it's not a 335

Same problem with the S5...it's not an M3

I think the A5 / S5 is a great car however I honeslty feel BMW makes a better car in this sector.

The Pro is that it's AWD for the few times a year that's an advantage in a sports / GT coupe.

I have to start with pointing out that I'm an Audi person at heart. I love my A4 to death and stand by the fact that it's been one of the best cars I've ever owned.

That said the major issue with the A5 is...it's not a 335

Same problem with the S5...it's not an M3

I think the A5 / S5 is a great car however I honeslty feel BMW makes a better car in this sector.

The Pro is that it's AWD for the few times a year that's an advantage in a sports / GT coupe.

Some of us prefer AWD year around. :p

i'd take an awd a5 over a 335 any day of the week. now for the s5/m3 comparison, it would be just up to owners preference. I'd be happy w/ either one although awd would be higher up on my demands list then rwd.

Perfect reason both are soo successful. Everyone is going to have different perspectives on this.

To me the A4 is positioned much better against the 4 door 3 series competition where the AWD and value of the A4 are a major plus in a sedan.

For me, The coupe should be RWD with more performance focus which is where the 335 shines.

Perfect reason both are soo successful. Everyone is going to have different perspectives on this.

To me the A4 is positioned much better against the 4 door 3 series competition where the AWD and value of the A4 are a major plus in a sedan.

For me, The coupe should be RWD with more performance focus which is where the 335 shines.

i agree with this completely. Coupe, RWD, inline 6 turbo, what more could you ask for?

No I have plenty of time after i finish my next contract, i'll look for your thread about it if i havent bought one by then. Im pretty sold on getting one.

I get the car in June 18th. If you're still around, I could let you get a better look at it than you would at the dealer.

i agree with this completely. Coupe, RWD, inline 6 turbo, what more could you ask for?

LSD

a car that doesn't overheat

after a certain model year they welded the differential so you have to replace the whole thing if you want a LSD

an interior worthy of 45k

just to name a few

I would take an S5 over the 335 any day, and an S4 over an A5. No BMW's for me.

LSD

a car that doesn't overheat

after a certain model year they welded the differential so you have to replace the whole thing if you want a LSD

an interior worthy of 45k

just to name a few

I would take an S5 over the 335 any day, and an S4 over an A5. No BMW's for me.

You could argue the pros and cons of each car all day long but it's pointless because both are outstanding cars and you really can't go wrong with either. Just going to boil down to personal preference in the end. It's saying something that the only real con anyone could come up with is that it's not "XXXXX" and nothing generally horrible about the car at all.

andy

You could argue the pros and cons of each car all day long but it's pointless because both are outstanding cars and you really can't go wrong with either. Just going to boil down to personal preference in the end. It's saying something that the only real con anyone could come up with is that it's not "XXXXX" and nothing generally horrible about the car at all.

andy

I completely agree with you, except for their underwhelming interiors.