Audi A5 pros and cons

ShoMeSomeFun

I completely agree with you, except for their underwhelming interiors.

:(

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q192/ZainoDetail/Picture015.jpg?t=1237311009

I do like the new Audi interiors much more than the E9X interiors. I still think the materials are better in the BMW even though the design, fit and finish is better in the Audi.

Andy

I do like the new Audi interiors much more than the E9X interiors. I still think the materials are better in the BMW even though the design, fit and finish is better in the Audi.

Andy

I do think the BMW has a nice interior, but it is underwhelming for me. I do think they are better than Mercedes and Lexus, but not up to Audi's interiors. Like you said, people have different opinions. I wouldn't let their interior stop me from buying their cars, but would prefer an Audi interior.

I generally just like the way Audi does things better than BMW. I love the E46 and E9X M3, E9X 335 and E39 M5(which I don't fit in) They are the only cars I would consider from BMW. In the Audi lineup, I like every model they have, all of them.

Its not like we are comparing a Bentley to a kia. Both Audi and BMW are comparable in almost every aspect. I doubt either loses that many buyers because of their interiors.

Pro: It's NOT a Chevrolet.

I'll take his Z06 over your A4 without a second thought. And I like the A4, and drive my wife's regularly.

The A5 / S5 cars are sweet. They also have a TON of leg room; I'm 6'3" and don't think I'd even put the seat all the way back to drive one. The look awesome, especially the S5.

Con is they are PRICEY. For that money, there are a lot of other cars I would be looking at.

As for the BMW's...I personally think their interiors are way under-par for the car, and one of the big reasons my wife wasn't interested in a BMW after driving several. I would say a 3-series interior is inferior to other similar-sized cars in its class...from Lexus, Infiniti, Benz, Audi, Caddy, etc....a step about a Saab and Volvo interior I suppose, but a step above in price too. Fit is nice enough, but the overall look is dated.

I took an A5 on a test drive up at Byers last year, the car is a blast to drive. Very smooth. I also took the new C300 out for a test drive last year as well, and that was nearly $40k and had no real options on it, very bland/boring interior. My Scion at the time had more going for it on the inside.

Ultimately, I picked up an 08 A4 Quattro MT. But if I could've afforded the A5, I would taken that in a heart beat. If you have the means to get an A5, do it.