WTB 9mm or equivilant

smokin5s

i could be wrong, but i thought a 9mm comes out to .36", so a 380 would be a larger round.

The way rounds are labeled are stupid, going back and forth between metric and standard measurements.

"9mm" or more appropriately 9mm Luger OR 9mm Parabellum (same thing different name LOL!) measures out to 9x19, or 9mm in diameter and 19mm in length.

Then you have 9x18 Makarov, which is a Comm-Bloc round (think USSR)

Next in line is .380, which some people call 9mm Short, which is kind of a stupid term seeing how you still have the Mak round below 9mm Luger. .380 is 9x17, which makes it still a 9mm round, just with less oomph.

I told you it's stupid.

Oh, and Hi Points are most effective when thrown at the target, as they are very brick-like in shape and weight.

Just carry around a purse filled with bricks if you want a hi-point. LOL

Swing out to Blackwing, talk to Greg a bit, and rent some hand cannons. You won't be sorry, he'll learn you right.

I was there earlier today. Awesome place. They have great stuff and a very good staff.

Yes Hal, but it's also a different shape, and long as hell with a ton of powder behind it. And also same diameter as .38 special. But who cares, revolvers suck. 10mm > *

Mind fuck!!!

.38 and .38 special are the same diameter too. Mind fuck if you know anything about weapons.

I bought a Hipoint 380 for shits and giggles cause it was so cheap. Thing jammed up so many times, it was sold within a month.

So basically this is a story about how I wasted money. Out of curiosity why not a revolver ?

I would recommend a revolver or a .380 but for the price you are going for id say no chance. I would not buy a hi point, id go with a .22 walther for the price before I would go hi point.

I would recommend a revolver or a .380 but for the price you are going for id say no chance. I would not buy a hi point, id go with a .22 walther for the price before I would go hi point.

And your gun would misfire more times than you could count if you did that.

I don't know about you but, if I get in a position where I need to shoot, I really don't think I'll have time to turn the cartridge to get the round to fire.

And your gun would misfire more times than you could count if you did that.

I don't know about you but, if I get in a position where I need to shoot, I really don't think I'll have time to turn the cartridge to get the round to fire.

Huh? My P22 is flawless. However, I still wouldn't use it as a defensive weapon.

Huh? My P22 is flawless. However, I still wouldn't use it as a defensive weapon.

I always have ammunition malfunctions. Common with the rimfire, the primer doesn't always ignite.