Fucking media

Mattsn2o281

I was just watching fox 28, they released Kenny's name, and made the accident out to be his fault due to speeding. No mention of the fact the lady turned in front of him, no mention of what the police have said, ( although i don't know if the police have released any statement yet.) nothing but what "eyewitnesses say".

I don't know if this even needs posted, it just pissed me off bad that they spin everything.if you're going to report a story, then report it damnit.

Take this down if anyone feels its not right.

I was just watching fox 28, they released Kenny's name, and made the accident out to be his fault due to speeding. No mention of the fact the lady turned in front of him, no mention of what the police have said, ( although i don't know if the police have released any statement yet.) nothing but what "eyewitnesses say".

I don't know if this even needs posted, it just pissed me off bad that they spin everything.if you're going to report a story, then report it damnit.

Take this down if anyone feels its not right.

I have a realative that works at a station in town and I sent her an e-mail about this. It is the same thing like with the "drag racing bust" this past summer.

They want to paint a picture of us as leather jacket wearing hooligans.

Send fox 28 an e-mail and tell them how off they are.

I have a realative that works at a station in town and I sent her an e-mail about this. It is the same thing like with the "drag racing bust" this past summer.

They want to paint a picture of us as leather jacket wearing hooligans.

Send fox 28 an e-mail and tell them how off they are.

That actually sounds like a good idea. Get everyone on here to spam them with e-mails telling them how wrong they are about what they reported.

Sometimes I wonder if things like this would work or if it would just be another sad attempt at being heard.

I did. I tried to explain to them about the fact their eyewitnesses may or may not have a clue in the world what happened, that they need to stick to absolutes vs dragging someones name through the mud, and if they wanted to run on supposition, then i suppose the lady ran the light.

But you're dead on, anyone who does anything outside of social norms is a hooligan, and must always be at fault for any bad situation. Or so they want everyone to think i guess.

I did. I tried to explain to them about the fact their eyewitnesses may or may not have a clue in the world what happened, that they need to stick to absolutes vs dragging someones name through the mud, and if they wanted to run on supposition, then i suppose the lady ran the light.

But you're dead on, anyone who does anything outside of social norms is a hooligan, and must always be at fault for any bad situation. Or so they want everyone to think i guess.

Don't even get me started on the media. Every night I turn on the news it is the same crap here in town:

1. something was on fire

2. something about OSU sports (forget about the learning that goes on there)

3. something got brokent into

4. the state of ohio is fucked

5. random crap of the day

6. horrible human interest story

and for bonus round if there is any sort of weather it turns into defcon 5 all hands on deck you gonnna die crazness.

columbus media = fail

/rant

Those stupid motherfuckers still have that picture up. That just goes to show how fucked up the media is today. They don't care that a beloved person died, they just care about shock value.

Fuck 'em.

I used to do quite a bit of free-lance work for the various stations. I was even called out on this accident too, but declined. Ironically I was on CR when the call came in. I'm very glad I didn't go.

I stopped most of the auto accident photo work about 2yrs ago when I was dragged into court for refusing to turn over all my photos of an accident scene where a 16yr old girl here in Cbus was killed. I don't regret taking the images as I did eventually release some to the courts to be used in the case, but I didn't feel they should end up in the news.

Long story short, the news stations don't care about the people or even the artist shooting the pics. They want the worst images you can get and lots of them.

columbus media = fail

/rant

all media fails. if the country would just go about business without watching the news for two weeks, and just concentrate on what's happening to them and how they can react to fix it, we would come out of this recession much faster.

it's time for companies and people to start creating their own stimulus package. shutting down and doing nothing or waiting to see what happens are the worst ways to address the situation.

• Confused 1

I used to do quite a bit of free-lance work for the various stations. I was even called out on this accident too, but declined. Ironically I was on CR when the call came in. I'm very glad I didn't go.

I stopped most of the auto accident photo work about 2yrs ago when I was dragged into court for refusing to turn over all my photos of an accident scene where a 16yr old girl here in Cbus was killed. I don't regret taking the images as I did eventually release some to the courts to be used in the case, but I didn't feel they should end up in the news.

Long story short, the news stations don't care about the people or even the artist shooting the pics. They want the worst images you can get and lots of them.

Exactly. People are just bodies to them. It just hits harder when it's someone that you know and, in this case, was cared about by this whole community.

I couldn't do accident photography. The judge would know me by name because I don't think that I could submit pictures of an accident scene like that.

I hope that there's an email from Colleen Buzza (head of digital media on 10TV) when I get home so I can drive her into the fucking ground.

all media fails. if the country would just go about business without watching the news for two weeks, and just concentrate on what's happening to them and how they can react to fix it, we would come out of this recession much faster.

it's time for companies and people to start creating their own stimulus package. shutting down and doing nothing or waiting to see what happens are the worst ways to address the situation.

+rep for you one of the best things I have ever read. I mean who thinks it is a good idea to put on during the 5pm news about the octomom and what has fallen out of her clown car of a vay-j-j?

How about they concentrate on the good things and good people? I am so sick of the dumbing down of this country. We need to go back to the era of when men were men, cars were built well and people respected each other.

I don't know if we willll ever get back to that point. I can see from the people in my school that we are just getting stupider and stupider. The vast majority of people in my generation seem more caught up in who has the cutest shoes or whos dating who, rather than worrying about things that actually matter.

I have seen this world for what it really is for a long time now, and it just makes me more and more upset to see how the world really operates.

I hardly watch the news and I'm glad I didn't see said picture of the bloody car. That's fucking horible, why even show shit like that? I agree completely with how stories get spun in the direction that suits certain people best, instead of just telling it the way it is. The story should have been something like, young male identified as Kenneth Adams was killed monday night riding his motorcyle. A woman pulled out in front of him causing the fatal accident. It is indeed a sad day for motorcycle riders everywhere, and our wishes go out to his many friends and family.

I don't know if we willll ever get back to that point. I can see from the people in my school that we are just getting stupider and stupider. The vast majority of people in my generation seem more caught up in who has the cutest shoes or whos dating who, rather than worrying about things that actually matter.

I have seen this world for what it really is for a long time now, and it just makes me more and more upset to see how the world really operates.

This may sound hella lame but all we can do is try to make the world a better place anyway we can.

The best thing you can do at your age is Be your own dog, don't follow what the media or others tell you is cool.

No seriously though if that building were to ironically burn down now I would be crucified for saying this on the internet, and, of course for driving a sports car and bike.

"He flew by street racing on his motorcycle, round house kicked a gas can at the news station, and proceeded to shoot it while throwing up some sort of gang insignia that looked like...well it looked like CR!?!?!"

This may sound hella lame but all we can do is try to make the world a better place anyway we can.

The best thing you can do at your age is Be your own dog, don't follow what the media or others tell you is cool.

Exactly. I've lived my life that way for all 17 years.

Watch the movie idiocracy... it pretty much explains what is happening to the world...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387808/

NBC 4 took down the bloddy pic.

BTW this is the post on NBC4i.com from the girl that Kenny just helped move all the way out to Tucson, AZ the first week of March.

Posted by ( MMG78 ) on March 18, 2009 at 5:05 pm

Wow, there are some ignorant people in this world. I happened to have lost a good friend of mine last night and it breaks my heart to log on here and read the messages being posted. I understand, freedom of speech, but come on people, a life was lost…he was a best friend, a brother, an amazing human being.

I am thankful to have had him in my life. He had a heart of gold. Two weeks ago he helped me move across the US – I don’t know of too many people who would be willing to do that. He always wanted to see the West…glad he had the chance. My thoughts and prayers go out to his friends and family. I’ll be home soon to say goodbye. RIP.