Good iphone info

2highpsi

I just got an iphone last week and was trying to find a good site with all the info on how to make mms work and all the other BS that this thing should already do out of the box and doesn't. I searched for forums and so far have come up with a bunch of crap, none with any good info.

I am aware that 3.0 does it all, I just don't feel like waiting till summer and I don't have a developer code.

Spaceghost where are you when I need you?

this is what I use

http://iphone.macworld.com/2007/08/sending_and_receiving_mms_on_y_1.php

its not opptimal, but just ask your friend what provider they have and send an email to phone#@carrier.

Example, send an email to 6142222222@vzwpix.com to send your friend an MMS if they are on verizon

3.0 software will be out in a few months and will solve this headache

http://www.macrumors.com

This will have everything you need, you will just have to search the site. It's a huge messageboard. It will have links to other sites that you are looking for. I don't jailbreak though, if you need info on that I would refer you to Charles "Putty", he knows his stuff.

I actually found a free app that works good at sending pics. I just can't find one that actually works to recieve them.

I thought I read if you jailbreak it you will have problems trying to update to 3.0

If I am way off excuse my ignorance. This is my first Apple product.

http://www.macrumors.com

This will have everything you need, you will just have to search the site. It's a huge messageboard. It will have links to other sites that you are looking for.

WTF, I just checked before I posted this and you were offline :lol:

Good timing.

Thanks I'll check that site out too.

I don't jailbreak though, if you need info on that I would refer you to Charles "Putty", he knows his stuff.

I might go that way if it won't prevent me from upgrading later to 3.0

Hopefully he chimes in then.

Awesome. It looks simple enough. I hope I don't screw it up.

When I first tried to do it, I actually screwed it up 2 or 3 times, but it wasn't me that was causing it. The application I was using was corrupt. I downloaded another, and it worked on thie first try.

Jailbreak successful. :)

Love the themes. I'm running DC and icomplete through winterboard and it looks bad ass.

What free apps are you guys using to RECEIVE mms mesages? I found one that works, but it's only a 2 week trial.