97 blazer

toms03cobra

ok i have a problem with a 97 blazer, it shuts off at an idle when it gets above 50 degrees outside, if you can get it moving it runs fine, when it shuts off the fuel pump whines really loud, but the pump is new, we thought it was a oil pressure switch because the pressure bounces when it shuts off, and we already replaced the fuel pump solenoid

any ideas?!?!

Guest Removed
no, and it only does it after it sits at idle in drive on a warmer day like 10 minutes or more, were thinking of just bipassing the pump wiring and hard wiring it to the ignition

thats not going to change anything.

and now your just guessing at stuff...

need to check it out properly...

Guest Removed

have you tired to read codes with a good scan tool? read the data stream at idle and see if all the sensors are readin right.

gm pumps whine. especially cheap replacement pumps

you have a lack of idle. not going to affect the way it drives

almost seems like the IAC is dirty, or not moving.. have you tryed that?

this is what we in the industry call no code driveability issue.

i know they wine at idle, it wines extremely loud when it acts up, almost like the pump is getting a load on it, ill try to get ahold of a better scan tool, and thanks for the iac ill try it, but its weird, even when i get it to start it stutters like its starving for fuel and hitting the gas doesnt really do anything unless it gets up in rpm's, you know anywhere where i can get ahold of use of a good scan tool? thanks

Guest Removed

fuel pressure test...you need to know what it is. period.

those are bad about the regulator leaking under the intake, and if thats the one where the fuel lines go into thew lower, they are know to leak there.

as far as the pump getting louder when it dies, of course it will...its still pumping the same amount of fuel, but the engine isnt using it. its just deadheading at that point

get a 5 gallon container and fill with gas (gas is cheap right now so shouldnt be a problem, especially if it fixes your problem.) pick up a pack of hot dogs as well as hershey bars, marshmallows and graham crackers. cover interior with contents of 5 gallon container, light match, roast hot dogs and make smores. profit

you can maybe look into the throttle body with a flashlight and see if the intake walls are washed down with fuel. Those spiders are notorious for leaking. I agree with gearhead though, fuel pressure is the first thing you need to check. The stock pump in my 97 highrider sounded like another engine running back there. They're just loud. Have you fixed the intake leak on it yet? :D Pretty much all the intakes leak too at some point.