Rx7 + torque= good bye rear end

Linc5.0

Well I was pulling out of my neighborhood today got on it alil in first.....granny shift into second, get on it again and BOOOOOOOOOOM. I look in my rear view and there are chunks of the case flying everywhere....here are the pics....I guess i was making more power than I thought:cool:

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=28&pictureid=1785

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=28&pictureid=1784

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=28&pictureid=1783

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More money than logic? Put another stock one in and it's going to happen again. There at least 4 of us in Columbus that have blown-up the stock FD rear end...with rotaries. What you're doing is throwing money at it. How a Ford conversion? Then how about a KAZZ? Then at least the innards of a FC into the stock FD housing?

Guest Removed
if you feel like spending some coin on custom axles, you could rig up the iron 8.8 center section from a ford expidition in there! well, i think it would be cool anyways...

says he's lookign to swap a 03-04 cobra center into it :confused:

More money than logic? Put another stock one in and it's going to happen again. There at least 4 of us in Columbus that have blown-up the stock FD rear end...with rotaries. What you're doing is throwing money at it. How a Ford conversion? Then how about a KAZZ? Then at least the innards of a FC into the stock FD housing?

Uhh, more logic than money here. Cheaper to throw another in than to buy and mock up a solid axle setup. He knows it won't last I'm sure.

Why a 03-04 Cobra? I've seen those come apart on stock Cobra's with a hard launch

Guest Removed
Uhh, more logic than money here. Cheaper to throw another in than to buy and mock up a solid axle setup. He knows it won't last I'm sure.

Why a 03-04 Cobra? I've seen those come apart on stock Cobra's with a hard launch

thats what im saying. he saying it makes them good to 900 hp :confused:

fuck if i know...

and he dont want a solid axle setup

thats what im saying. he saying it makes them good to 900 hp :confused:

fuck if i know...

and he dont want a solid axle setup

Maybe some crazy wait...CRAZY aftermarket setup that I've never heard about. Every 'fast' cobra I've seen has ditched the irs, for this reason and the weight. But I dunno

Thanks man, I know everything you just said already. Either way I have to put a housing on it...I will run the stock diff untill I can get a turbo 2 rear. I have looked into the Kaaz as well...but dont wanna spend a grand right now..

They make a kit to put the 03-04 cobra internals into the stock housing....i was told those internals were good to alot of hp?? am I wrong?

Edited by Mr.Schmelmer

Guest Removed

They make a kit to put the 03-04 cobra internals into the stock housing....i was told those internals were good to alot of hp?? am I wrong?

why do that? didnt you just break the housing?