Police Chase on 161 Near Sunbury

ForeverMaker

So I was cruising to Kroger on Sunbury when I see a cop ahead on the side of the road. I start slowing down as he throws out spike strips in front of me.

I was thinking "geez was I going THAT fast to warrant spike strips?"

I then see a bunch of cop cars blow by Sunbury in pursuit. They didn't come my way so the cop jumps back in his car and burns rubber after them.

Lookout on the news tonight for a chase story. :D Hopefully they got some footage.

it was on the news, sort of lame:

guy in an older F-150 gets stopped in Columbus. expired tags, suspended license, and drugs in the car. he takes off leading police on a chase lasting 30 minutes and reaching speeds of... get ready... 80mph! near the end he goes through a corn field to try to lose them. it doesn't work and he gets bagged.

The part I witnessed must have been the cops catching up to the pack because they blew past me going at least 100mph.

i saw it happen. was getting on 161 from sunbury and saw the cops chasing this truck. got on 270 and they got off on westerville road.

after the chase had gone onto westerville road we saw a blendon township cop getting ON 270... sorry dude, he got off the freeway :rolleyes: smart cookies there.