CR Friends...

Guest Hal

Have you made any long lasting friends here?  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Have you made any long lasting friends here?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm a newb

Simple question:

Do you feel you have made any lasting friendships as a direct result of joining Columbus Racing?

We have all gained acquaintances from the site, I mean actual friends.

Maybe a mod/admin can add a poll to this.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Four levels of friendship imo. You have best friends, friends, acquaintances, paul. He doesn't really fit anywhere, he is just there all the fucking time. His persona demands to be acknowledged, but just as quickly forgotten. :)
  • Upvote 1

You have best friends, friends, acquaintances, paul. He doesn't really fit anywhere, he is just there all the fucking time. His persona demands to be acknowledged, but just as quickly forgotten. :)

I have three of these, I don't have a Paul.

Unless Geoff counts. :)

i have brian carter. hes on my top friends, i sneak by his house everyday and watch him, when he sleeps i watch through the window, when he leaves i follow. but he never sees me. hes my friend

Phil is my bffl. I watch him when he sneaks by my house everyday, I act sleep just so I can see him watch me through the window. When I leave I'm patient to assure he follows... but he doesnt know that I'm watching him watch me. He's a true friend.

Without a doubt, absolutely.

As well in the early days it gave Anthony and I something in common to bring us closer. For those who don't know us, we're 5 years apart and have significant personality and preference differences.

I can say I knew very little people outside of my classmates when I first moved from Cleveland to Columbus - it made the transition much easier to hang out with a bunch of car junkies. I've made a handfull of great friends, all kind enough to let me live/stay with with them, and have learned so much through all of them. In the same light, I've butted heads with a very small group of people over the years only to look back and laugh to see how much a retard I was.

I don't have any friends :(

If I lived in Columbus, I have a feeling that we would hang out often. 4G63 crew!

To answer Hal's question: Yes, and hopefully many more to come. The automotive enthusiast community is generally a friendly atmosphere anyway. However, CR seems to be more like a big family. When I saw how many people showed up for Kenny's cruise from DTM, I was amazed. There is more to this than just a message board.

Haven't made any true friends on here yet only because I've been on and off of here for the past couple years. I have met a few people on here already and will probably meet a lot more as the weather improves and the car shows and auto-x season starts up again.

Guess that makes me a newb. :(