Mechanical Engineering Jobs?

Limitedslip7

This is probably going to be a long shot, but I don't think it could hurt to try.

I will be graduating from the University of Cincinnati with a BSMET in 10 weeks and need to start looking for a permanent position. I am currently employed in a full time Co-op position here in Cinci that will likely offer me a job upon graduation, but I would prefer to find a position in Columbus or central Ohio.

Relevant experience includes 2.5 years working in the Mfg.Eng./Tooling shop of a medium size factory and 9 months as a die maintenance technician.

Skills include:

• TIG welding (SS, Aluminum, tool steels, cast iron, CRS, and others)
  • Manual & CNC machining (mostly conversational)
  • Machining/Assembly/Test fixture design & fabrication
  • Parametric modeling & CAD (mostly SolidWorks & AutoCAD, also some Inventor and UGS)
  • Continuous Improvement & Six Sigma projects (Green belt certification through UC)

Among others...

I also design and fabricate nearly all of the parts for my car including intake/exhaust manifolds, exhausts, throttle bodies, fuel systems, mounts, etc. My senior project is also automotive related.

If anyone knows of any companies looking for a very ambitious and motivated fresh graduate with these skills, please let me know! Starting salary would have to be at least $45k+ a year.

Thanks

Yeah, I heard Battelle was hiring too.

Most of the jobs my wife and I have seen lately are down south. I'm sure others exist, but it's been tough lately. We're both in automotive, but she co-oped at an aerospace company. There are so many people looking for jobs that have automotive experience that the aerospace makes her stand out. That's how she's gotten almost all of her interviews in the last few weeks.

Good luck. It's tough out there right now but some companies are hiring.