Bored

12oclocker

I've been taking apart bikes downstairs at my house, and cleaning plastic and various unexposed parts, then putting them back together just because I am bored, anyway pretty much all my bikes are been completely gone through, now I am out of stuff to do. I am so bored.

so far then winter I have....

Completely rebuilt my 400EX top end, did the valve adjustment. Replaced the clutch cable, put on some new Pro Taper bars, and pro taper grips.

Took the XR80 apart, stripped the graphics, put a handbrake on it, cleaned all the plastics and various parts, put it back together, replaced all the cables and levers.

Took the CRF250X apart, had a custom subframe made, installed it, installed a radiator fan, did the valve clearance check, took all the plastics off and cleaned them, made a custom trail tech gauge mount. relocated the hotstart cable, put a dual caliper handbrake setup on it.

On the LTR450 I made a custom handbrake, did an easypull clutch mod, changed the oil and filter.

On the CRF230F I changed the oil, stripped it down to the bare engine, cleaned all the plastics and various parts, adjusted the throttle cable, removed and cleaned the front caliper then remounted. replaced the bars with MSR bars, I had to resew the msr pad because msr sewed it wrong at the factory. did a easypull clutch mod. (still waiting for a new throttle tube and grips I ordered) then reassembled. removed the exhaust and ordered a new one, still waiting for that too.

On the CBR929 I changed the oil with ams oil.

anyone else going crazy waiting for summer, what have you done?

My bike is up at my parents house for the winter because I don't have any indoor storage here at school, or else I'd be cleaning mine too :\ So instead, I'm just overhauling my gear and planning out my finances so I can get some new toys for next season. So far I've picked up some new tires (Diablo Rosso) and boots (Sidi Vertigo), I'm one paycheck from going to Iron Pony and putting together a nice 2-piece leather suit, and hopefully within a month or so I'll have a new helmet and an Arrow slip-on.

However, I have been known to wear my Sidi's around the house. So yeah...you're not the only one losing their mind :|

This winter sure has been getting to me. Everyday I go out and spend a little time doing misc. stuff.

New rear sets and installed them.

Chain and sprockets installed. Changed the gearing from 15F 48R to 15F 47R.

Painted fender eliminator black.

Painted grab rail black.

Took off rear fender and cut off tool box from the battery box and undercoated.

Solider all the wires that were butt connected.

Cleaner waxed everything then waxed with Meguire's Ultimate wax.

Adjusted clutch.

Right now I have the sprocket cover painted black and and drying inside the house.

Next will be a valve check and adjustment

Possibly sync throttle bodies

And finally inspect and lube throttle cable.

Here's how she sits before I came in the house.

side2009seat22.jpg

rearsprocket200922.jpg

rear20092.jpg

This winter sure has been getting to me. Everyday I go out and spend a little time doing misc. stuff.

New rear sets and installed them.

Chain and sprockets installed. Changed the gearing from 15F 48R to 15F 47R.

Painted fender eliminator black.

Painted grab rail black.

Took off rear fender and cut off tool box from the battery box and undercoated.

Solider all the wires that were butt connected.

Cleaner waxed everything then waxed with Meguire's Ultimate wax.

Adjusted clutch.

Right now I have the sprocket cover painted black and and drying inside the house.

Next will be a valve check and adjustment

Possibly sync throttle bodies

And finally inspect and lube throttle cable.

Here's how she sits before I came in the house.

side2009seat22.jpg

rearsprocket200922.jpg

rear20092.jpg

i've always been fond of those sv's

looks good man

I am done working on the bikes now I like to have a few drinks, smoke a fatty, then sit on my bikes and make varoooooommmmm noises til I get tired. The kids are driving me crazy this winter, 5 days off is CRAZY, I will help plow roads, get these kids outta here!!!!!!!!LOL:D

Well I got bored yesterday and will not ride with salt on the roads. So I went out to the garage and chopped my Yosh. Trs down 8". Later today I will go get some rivets and button it up and take some pics. The things you do when you get bored!:D Now to figure what to do next:dunno:

I moved the wife out and brought the bike in. I lubed and tightend the chain, Installed a rear camera with monitor, made a new plate braket, installed new plate led bolts, moved turn signals. getting ready to polish the rims and frame, and wax the paint. still have to do the oil change. I bought a rear stand at the bike show and im loving it.

We will see how it sounds once the salt is washed away. I will not ride when there is salt on the roads. And I can't start it up and give it a test till I can take it for a ride. It's just to tempting!