New for the 09 Season

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good, hopefully you hadn't gotten around to putting a matching weatherpack connector on the MAP sensor.

That was just for testing. The car was no-where near "Done" yet but that is where it stood at 10am yesterday. Here it is now (Just missing a couple custom covers we made for it):

http://ipsmotorsports.net/pictures/MarkC6zBuildRnd2.JPG

http://ipsmotorsports.net/pictures/MarkC6zBuildRnd2%20(2).JPG

http://ipsmotorsports.net/pictures/MarkC6zBuildRnd2%20(5).JPG

Some of you may have seen my car down at IPS... we are making some changes this year..

1st the motor is being freshened and punched out to a 434 with a small compression boost, better rods and pistons for more power handling.

2nd the Intercooler setup is being redone so that we can get even colder CAI Temps and build more power

3rd N20 Has been added and is being tuned to give that little extra for the new records we will be setting soon.

4th 10 point cage is happening now. Car goes to Holt Race cars tomorrow (Friday) and the NHRA is actually changing the rules based off of what they have to do to get the cage in my car.

5th New Transmission, we are upgrading from the 4L65 to a 4L80 with a transbrake. This should allow us to build boost on the line and launch in boost for better 60' times (traction provided)

6th Still up in the air are an Intake change, turbo upgrades and spindle changes to run 15" slicks on the back. We will see if we have time to finish these items.

Car should be making > 1200 RWHP after these changes and with some things we are working on with weight savings, we should be shooting for 8.50's@160+

Should be an interesting season to say the least.

Mark... I think you passed me quite a few months ago going the opposite direction on East Campusview off of 23 up North... I was facing West at the stop light there. Needless to say (if it was you), you seen the Shelby and nailed your gas pedal...

DUUUUUDE.

My passenger was like "can you take that!?" I was like "Mannnn... that 'Vette was on crack, no way."

Nice ride Mark. VERY nice.

Since it made 1056rwhp on 620cc injectors before I think those will be enough :)

Jeff

okey dokey.. glad you know more bout that stuff than me

and the tranny so its a normal truck tranny with a tailshaft adaptor and a different bellhousing? im not all that familier with vette drivetrain

Edited by criitter7

Are you racing in any series this summer?

Not really. It doesn't fit well into any local classes....too slow to be competitive for DR and true 10.5 and we'd have to dumb it down to win street classes which isn't fun. I'm sure we'll run MIR WCF again this fall and a handful of the sport compact events. We're going to see if we can at least qualify Q16 for Norwalk's new monthly Outlaw format just for fun to see how many boos we can get from the big block crowd....:D Assuming we get it buttoned up in time, we'll be out for the first race 5/15.

Awesome car and very impressed on this IPS build.

There is one question I have, did you know that you were going to go this far with this car (modding) or was that the plan for the Z06? A regular C6 would have saved ya $20K.

Bill

Awesome car and very impressed on this IPS build.

There is one question I have, did you know that you were going to go this far with this car (modding) or was that the plan for the Z06? A regular C6 would have saved ya $20K.

Bill

i believe he said anyone can mod a C6 but not just anyone will mod a C6Z

Car is just getting some cosmetic touches now... we would have been ready but the BG event got rained out. :(

So looks like if all goes well, we will be at NTR next weekend! Maybe we'll just take it easy and run low 9's or high 8's, but we'll see.

As for the tranny, it is a truck tranny but no regular one. That is a custom built 4L80e from RPM Transmissions and it has all billit internals and a super sprag as well as custom input and output shafts. There is currently only 1 in the world built like this.

As for did I know? No, honestly I had only planned for bolt ons, but that is how it goes. The bug bites and I start itching. IPS was there to scratch the itch. Now, I am pretty sure I'm infected.

Big thanks to all the guys at IPS! They were pulling 24 hours shifts to get it done and we were there till 5am on the dyno Thursday Night/Friday morning just for the event to get canceled. I doubt any other shop would have put in the time and effort that my car saw this last couple of weeks!

Sorry been too busy working on it to take pics... and to be honest the car is really dirty since it has been from shop to shop getting everything done. I plan on cleaning it up tomorrow at the track and hopefully we will take some pictures.

I'll be at trails bright and early tomorrow. We are only tuned on low boost right now so we are limited to about 950 rwhp. Maybe if Eric gets done at the dyno day we will turn it up, but otherwise we will just see what she can do on low boost.