Auto Transport trailer

zeitgeist57

Does anyone have one I can borrow all day on Tuesday, April 28th?

I got an invite to a private track day at BeaveRun, and I plan on breaking my Corvette. Hence, I wanna tow it there since I'll have to tow it back. :)

I've got the tow vehicle already...just wanted to avoid the rental cost from U-Haul. Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...

Bearverun is a cool track, especially for a newb (assuming you haven't done much if anything on a track). Very good learning track, lots of run off. Some easy 'normal' turns and some that aren't so obvious, you have to figure out/be taught the tricks, but nothing too crazy. Have fun!

Sorry I can't help you out on the trailer. :( Good luck on finding one.

Do you have AAA premium? If so, how far exactly is Beaverun. It might be worth the gamble just to drive your car there, then if it breaks get it towed. First 100 miles are free, then whatever after that is cost. But you already going to spend more $$$ towing it on gas money... and probably at this point the trailer.

I doubt you'll break your car on the track... unless you wreck it. How you could break your car on the track is being out there a long time because of the heat and stress. Probably from you being fairly, if not brand new to this, the main limiting factor will be how long will want to be out there. Which will be probably be pretty short. Then you will be limited by your car getting too hot, then engine, everything else, but especially the brakes for it to be reasonable and safe to be out on the track. Then you will have to sit a while talking about how awesome that last session was while you and your car cool off. Usually those constraints make it such that you won't be out long enough or often enough to brake anything on your car. That being said, your car is about 10-15 years old (give or take), so you never know what dumb little wire or hose could break.

Please don't take any offense by this, but if you are going out with some Vette guys, having fun having the entire track to yourself. And then have fun when others are out there waiting to pass them.

EDIT: Just looked it up, and it's ~200 mi. Even with 'only' paying 100mi, that's an expensive tow. I still very much doubt you break your car during the track day.

It will be my first track day, so I'm excited! It's a good friend of mine...his family has rented it out for the day, and my '95 Vette will definitely be the poorest car there. I'm not going to run it that much, not because of fear for breaking something but because I just put new tires on and don't want to wear them out!!!

If a trailer is made available, I'll tow my Vette, but if not I don't mind driving...