Insurance

Radio Flyer1647545514

Well I've heard there are some insurance companies out there with some cheap motorcycle rates, so would it be completely stupid ass idea for me to go to a different insurance company for just a bike, or can I even do that? Just have insurance from another company for just my bike?

Right now my car is in my moms name under her insurance which includes my car, her car, and our condo.

Just to make this clear. I want my car under the same insurance, can I get a bike and go to say progressive or whatever.

I have my car and bike insurance with Progressive. Here's the thing, your motorcycle policy will almost always be its own policy. Some companies may give you a multiple policy discount, but you're still going to have a dedicated policy, policy number, and deductible associated with your motorcycle. My parents have Allstate on the house and cars, and Progressive for the bikes. Don't think that you're tied to one particular insurance company because that's where your car is. A lot of the smaller insurance companies won't even insure motorcycles. Do your homework, and shop around for the best coverage for the money. It would help when shopping to have an idea what you're willing to spend on insurance, then shop for the best coverage at that price point.

WHAT WHAT WHAT!!!

Any tickets/ accidents.

Or how many points if any on your license?

What? That is a damn good rate. It actually boils down to credit score. I was paying 1200 a year on a buell xb12r with a perfect record. LOL

I don't remember the exact details of the coverage but I know if I wrecked it then it was covered. If it fell over from the wind then it wasn't covered. I learned my lesson after wrecking my first bike. I think I was paying like $170 for just liability then once I got the R6 it was worth it to get more coverage. No accidents or tickets probably helps a lot.

If its your first bike, just get a beater. Leran on it for a year and you will probably get the same $ back out of it when you sell it. Dont get a loan, and get something cheap enough you can do liability only on. Alot of guys dont like riding after a few months or something happens that scares the hell out of them enough, they never get on a bike again. I am still riding the first bike I have ever actually owned that wasnt a dirt toy. I built it myself, and after the extra parts were sold it was 100% free. I pay $19 a month on liability insurance and its a done deal.

My cash that I have is going to school so I don't have to take out school loans, so the bike is what get's a loan.

I make enough money to make well over the minimum payments, but this is a good way for me to build credit for my Junior year and get a bike.