GM CEO forced to step down

Guest Removed

i still think they are beating a dead horse..

they dont need take overs, they need to just let it die. then it would be worth more..

Meh. I disagree.

I think there is a lot of talent at GM. They have just been led down the wrong path. The designers, engineers, etc. follow direction and come up with what management tells them to come up with. With some new direction and someone who realizes the changing times, they could make a solid come-back.

They did bring us the almighty LSx. :p

The problem with "letting them die" like everybody wants when it comes to GM and Chrylser is that they'd take the suppliers with them, causing fatal damage to Ford. Find a way to keep the suppliers healthy while GM and Chrysler are taken out back, and you're a smarter man than I.

Guest Removed
most of gm's small companys are out on there own...from what i understand. they supply alot of stuff. hell all of the kia wiring is thru a gm corp spin off

most of gm's small companys are out on there own...from what i understand. they supply alot of stuff. hell all of the kia wiring is thru a gm corp spin off

uhh do you mean delphi? who is in bankruptcy right now?

I think there is a lot of talent at GM. They have just been led down the wrong path. The designers, engineers, etc. follow direction and come up with what management tells them to come up with. With some new direction and someone who realizes the changing times, they could make a solid come-back.

They did bring us the almighty LSx. :p

TRUTH!

Get rid of unions.

/thread

TRUTH once again

When your product isnt selling, you need to address why. In my case their product is way over priced. I have had the opportunity to spend 8 months in a gm plant. The lack of work being performed by their employees made it very difficult for me to want to buy any new car yet alone a gm product. Why would I want to spend $$$$$$ on a new car when I know that good business practices alone can afford the price of their products to be lowered. Huge dealerships, overpriced think heads and many other unnecessary expenditures have added yet another overhead that is tacked onto the bottom dollar. Pisspoor management and failure to think ahead will be the major downward factor of most of americas business'. I say if someone isnt getting the job done they are being paid to do, then fuck em get em out and pay a person who can.

You know what makes the cars so expensive?

Unions.

:p

When your product isnt selling, you need to address why. In my case their product is way over priced. I have had the opportunity to spend 8 months in a gm plant. The lack of work being performed by their employees made it very difficult for me to want to buy any new car yet alone a gm product. Why would I want to spend $$$$$$ on a new car when I know that good business practices alone can afford the price of their products to be lowered. Huge dealerships, overpriced think heads and many other unnecessary expenditures have added yet another overhead that is tacked onto the bottom dollar. Pisspoor management and failure to think ahead will be the major downward factor of most of americas business'. I say if someone isnt getting the job done they are being paid to do, then fuck em get em out and pay a person who can.

Some of the Union fucks make like $50/hr to do menial shit. Fire those assholes.

Rick Wagoner was just a victim of circumstance. All the Obamabots are out to hang all the CEO's like they are the ones causing mass unemployment and economic instability. Fuck all the NWO Obama politics, id like to see all of Washington get fired and have some real restructuring with little to no bias.

You know what makes the cars so expensive?

Unions.

:p

Unions are just an easy scapegoat the price of anything is directly reflected based on what someone is willing to pay. If noone bought a car, the prices would come down. I will admit the unions are a major point of the initial cost. However so are oversized dealerships which mirror amusement park size among other things.

Guest Eye_of_the_Beholder

i agree

Unions are just an easy scapegoat the price of anything is directly reflected based on what someone is willing to pay. If noone bought a car, the prices would come down. I will admit the unions are a major point of the initial cost. However so are oversized dealerships which mirror amusement park size among other things.

I disagree, at a certain point the price is too low. The F-body was killed because GM was losing money on every one of them. The price was already too low and they weren't exactly flying off the lots. However, paying $10/hr to bolt in the seats instead of $40/hr would have helped the cost and might have saved the F-body.

Price is a reflection of not just what the market will hold, but also what the product costs in the first place. What GM needed to do was cut costs so that those two numbers would come into line.

Replacing overpaid workers for ones at a reasonable pay rate is a huge step towards making the company profitable. Unfortunately, they can't do that with the unions around or they'll be tied up in the courts with wrongful termination suits until the next ice age. You're right that Unions aren't the only problem, but they are a big one nonetheless.

I'm having a hard time understanding how dealership size contributes to cost. Every dealer pays the same price for inventory. Larger dealerships have a bigger "nut" to crack every month though. Dealership owners are the ones getting hammered.

Dealership size has nothing to do with GM corporate finance issues.

HUH!

Let's start where the intial cost start then. Restructure union pay or get rid of them.

Honda and Toyota workers make less than half of what their rivals make in the manufacturing.

All seems good with them...

I'm having a hard time understanding how dealership size contributes to cost. Every dealer pays the same price for inventory. Larger dealerships have a bigger "nut" to crack every month though. Dealership owners are the ones getting hammered.

Dealership size has nothing to do with GM corporate finance issues.[/QUOTE]

Quoted for truth...

Guest Removed

Dealership size has nothing to do with GM corporate finance issues.

but look at it like this. how many gm dealers are there just in coulmbus?

then look at how many toyota dealers there are.

you cant flood the market with gm dealers. 20 some dealers in a 50 mile area? i mean come on. toyota will not allow another dealer to open in the area.