5.0 Serpantine Setup Question.

neonkiller

I want a serpantine setup just like this. I will be using the March ALt bracket instead of the one pictured here.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f84/frdnut/craigscar003.jpg

However

I do understand the crank goes clock wise, Witch means all of the other stuff will go clockwise correct?.

And if the other stuff goes clockwise do I need a reverse water pump?

I have been looking everywhere on this and I must be really retarded or I am thinking about it to hard.

I just need my Alt Crank and Waterpump and thats it. And if you have a belt size # that would be fuckin sweet!!!!!!!

you should run power steering. my car retains the reverse rotation water pump. i have a kit from latemodelrestoration.com that deletes the smog pump, and the a/c unit. you end up moving the power steering up where the a/c pump used to be. so you have the crank pulley, alternator, water pump, and power steering, with the tensioner. it fits perfectly. the kit costs $125, and comes with underdrive crank/alt/water pump pulleys, the 2 brackets to move the power steering pump, hardware for these 2 brackets, and the short belt. i'll take a pic tonight.

kirk

Guest Removed

standard rotation water pump, from like a 85 down. should be the same length.

if you can find the old school 302 alt mount, it will mount it low on the block

the alt dont care which way its turns to be honest, but any water pump you have on it, the alt is still going to turn the same direction.

kirk he is not going to run power steering with a manual rack.

here is a pic of jimmys setup

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/getnbze/CIMG0463.jpg

tho you cant see the bracket very well.

Edited by Removed

Guest Removed
The alternator fan blades do matter a bit to keep it cool , but it will always turn clockwise so no issue there.

it dont matter tho will, no matter what (unless its turned around) its still going to be turning the same direction:p

standard rotation water pump, from like a 85 down. should be the same length.

if you can find the old school 302 alt mount, it will mount it low on the block

the alt dont care which way its turns to be honest, but any water pump you have on it, the alt is still going to turn the same direction.

kirk he is not going to run power steering with a manual rack.

here is a pic of jimmys setup

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/getnbze/CIMG0463.jpg

tho you cant see the bracket very well.

I need no power steering you are correct. I checked autozone and the 1985 yr 5.0 were all reverse rotation...

Can someone point me in the right direction it would be much apreciated:D

heres a better one I need to run the same setup with the shorter style timing cover anybody know where I can find a standard rotation water pump for the sn95/explorer/t-bird

shanton have them look up a waterpump for say an 88 lincoln town car it will have the pump you need

heres a better one I need to run the same setup with the shorter style timing cover anybody know where I can find a standard rotation water pump for the sn95/explorer/t-bird

shanton have them look up a waterpump for say an 88 lincoln town car it will have the pump you need

You can do it with a reverse rotation pump, I just made the brackets for mine. You don't have much wrap on the WP but it works fine. I used part of a stock SN95 bracket and made an upper bracket and adjuster.

Guest 614Streets

If you dont do lasotas idea you can always swap impellers

You can do it with a reverse rotation pump, I just made the brackets for mine. You don't have much wrap on the WP but it works fine. I used part of a stock SN95 bracket and made an upper bracket and adjuster.

you got a picture or better yet still have the car so I can take a peek at it?

you should run power steering. my car retains the reverse rotation water pump. i have a kit from latemodelrestoration.com that deletes the smog pump, and the a/c unit. you end up moving the power steering up where the a/c pump used to be. so you have the crank pulley, alternator, water pump, and power steering, with the tensioner. it fits perfectly. the kit costs $125, and comes with underdrive crank/alt/water pump pulleys, the 2 brackets to move the power steering pump, hardware for these 2 brackets, and the short belt. i'll take a pic tonight.

kirk

this motor is not in a mustang