Obama Orders Chevrolet and Dodge Out Of NASCAR

Casper

Joke or no, I gotta agree here:

ditto, there realy can't be that much R&D left in that series with how much it's regulated, and shouldn't be spending the money on that series while getting bail-out money that we are all paying for. and I don't think the win on sunday sell on monday works anymore, how much nationally publicised racing is Honda in? I think they sell a few cars without it.

I'll say first off that I'm NOT a fan of NASCAR, but it's anything but low-tech. They push the boundaries on many aspects, but unfortunately it doesn't make main stream media attention because the average NASCAR fan doesn't understand nor care. They care more about the drama between the drivers.

NASCAR is the only motorsport that I know of that tunes tire pressures to the quarter-pound.

so wait! when did GM and Chrysler build these cars on there assembly lines?? last time I checked the team owners built these cars not GM and Chrysler corp. this is retarded

failuretoreadthreadandrealizeitsanaprilfoolsjoke

plus, while they don't build the cars they dump HUGE sums of money in the form of marketing.

NASCAR hasn't really been what it originally started out to be for a long time...Not since the days of Lee Petty, Fireball Roberts and Fred Lorenzen...The cars they drive now, although much safer, look nothing like the cars they are supposed to represent...It is just your typical spec racing class anymore...I enjoy the drama, but would enjoy it more if they would do it in something that looks like a car you could buy on Monday.

Carbs

Live Axles

A significant portion of the engineering budget goes towards making any innovations look like shadetree hacks so it doesn't get banned immediately.

I'm sure there is innovation, but it doesn't have any bearing on everyday cars. If it was still STOCK CAR racing, I could see it mattering, but as it is, I don't think there's much benefit any more.

NASCAR hasn't really been what it originally started out to be for a long time...Not since the days of Lee Petty, Fireball Roberts and Fred Lorenzen...The cars they drive now, although much safer, look nothing like the cars they are supposed to represent...It is just your typical spec racing class anymore...I enjoy the drama, but would enjoy it more if they would do it in something that looks like a car you could buy on Monday.

Truth.

I was obsessed with Nascar when i was in elementary school, then as time went on I got tired of it. I hate how the cars are the same now, and everything is dependent on aerodynamics and setups rather than driver skills and clever "bending" of the rules to get an edge like Smokey Yunick used to do. Every decade that goes by, the cars get less and less "stock"

How can you guys believe anything on the April Fool's Day?

Coulter Falls For Fake Obama NASCAR Story That Limbaugh Said No One Would Believe

As an April Fool’s joke, Car and Driver magazine posted a made-up story on its website claiming that “President Obama had ordered Chevrolet and Dodge out of NASCAR after the 2009 season.” The magazine “pulled the fake story” after it “turned into a sizzling Internet topic,” especially on anti-Obama right-wing websites.

Rest of the story below:

http://thinkprogress.org/2009/04/02/coulter-limbaugh-nascar/