Street Freakz Electric Turbo

I can't believe they're actually selling this thing... and getting all positive (albeit clearly ricetastic) feedback. I'm going to get one so that I can "pass Camaros on the freeway" too.

The reviews and some of the Q&A are great.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/STREET-FREAKZ-E-TURBO-FORCED-AIR-INDUCTION-SYSTEMS/GP_2011788_N_%2020004495_10101.jcw?refId=20004495&showCustom=0&makeId=33&showAll=1&mediaCode=ZX&modelName=&makeName=Honda&year=&modelId

http://www.jcwhitney.com/wcsstore/jcwhitney/images/imagecache/G_21904G_SW_1.jpg;pv02784ed4519715ae

I don't think there's an acronym for the visual and mental anguish that both of those products make me feel. LOL, FML, GTFO.... just don't cut it.

The other night the GF and I were sitting around and she mentioned hearing about "something you can put in your engine/exhaust that will boost your MPG." I simply said, "If it's called 'The Tornado' and you are impressed, I'm going to laugh at you until summer."

a couple of my favorite lines

Buy the way love the fact that I can color match my cars. Nice touch. Only downfall is I wish there was a way that I could have a blow off valve, but still for $350 its easier on my wallet. I can't afford all the stuff for big boost like the stuff in magazines."

a BOV? it's a fucking fan, go get a 7 dollar bathroom exhaust fan, an invertor and a switch and bam, rated for continuos operation.

The fact that you do not always have to run boost is great.

You know, I actually have seen an electric SUPERcharger that actually worked. It increased power by about 50hp...

Unfortunately, the motor that drove the CSC they used as a turbine weighed about 45lbs, and the pack of batteries they used to run that weighed well over 200lbs. Oh, and they had to use 3/4" thick cable to handle the current.

It was a slight overall gain in the quarter. Of course, if they had just run a belt for the CSC, they would have doubled the HP gain, and cut 245lbs of extra weight...

You know, I actually have seen an electric SUPERcharger that actually worked. It increased power by about 50hp...

Unfortunately, the motor that drove the CSC they used as a turbine weighed about 45lbs, and the pack of batteries they used to run that weighed well over 200lbs. Oh, and they had to use 3/4" thick cable to handle the current.

It was a slight overall gain in the quarter. Of course, if they had just run a belt for the CSC, they would have doubled the HP gain, and cut 245lbs of extra weight...

?

http://www.turbomagazine.com/tech/0406tur_knight_turbo_electric_supercharger/index.html