My car likes corn.

thorne

I just bought 3 drums of pure ethanol. I'll mix it down with a little C-16 :cool:

Bad Ass Ray - What was the going rate?

FYI for those not familiar with Eth / Meth - Eth is much easier to store and work with, not to mention the R+M/2 is nearly identical between the two. There is a slight difference in latent heat of vaporization, though.

I just finished my rough tune of E85. I'm still working on getting the AFR's right. I want to get my gauge displaying 11.7ish but I'm at 11.1's now. I'm amazed at e85. I mean I was setting the boost and my old boost controller was 1 turn 1 psi. Well the Halman is not that way. I gave it 2 turns and I watched my boost gauge go WAY past 1.5 bars... no knock.

I'm not sure if i just found the sweet spot on the injectors or what but my car is idling better now too. I'll post more info once I get time to go get the dyno done at ips.

why don't you just change the wideband settings to show the proper AFR? everytime i read your posts the AFR numbers fuck with my head. of course the conversion is correct just confusing.

ok next time i wont post untill i read the entire thread..lol

the main problem for me with ethanol is you burn so much more of it. on gas i can fill up drive to mid-ohio race and drive back. now if i use e-85 i wont be able to do that, i would have to take an extra gas can and thats not gonna happen.

Edited by Rob
added

on gas i can fill up drive to mid-ohio race and drive back. now if i use e-85 i wont be able to do that, i would have to take an extra gas can and thats not gonna happen.

Just an FYI

The sunoco station on 71 at the 151 mile marker has E-85. That would be a good place to fill up on the way there or back.

Bad Ass Ray - What was the going rate?

FYI for those not familiar with Eth / Meth - Eth is much easier to store and work with, not to mention the R+M/2 is nearly identical between the two. There is a slight difference in latent heat of vaporization, though.

Paid 2.26 a gallon plus 20$ for the barrel.

On the latent heat I thought I read Meth was 3.2, Eth was 2.7, and Gas was .9

Sounds good, i'd like to run E85 in my ride, I just need bigger injectors and a bigger pump. Too bad E85 is now almost the same as 87. Its stupid too because the prices shouldn't even be close.

at mieghers it was 10 cents cheaper.