Endorsement test

98fiveseven1647545503

How hard it this? I dont currently have time to take off work to where it wont financially hurt very bad to take the MSF course. I just need to get the endorsement and then when I get vacation time or we pick up a few more hours I can afford to take some time off...

How hard it this? I dont currently have time to take off work to where it wont financially hurt very bad to take the MSF course. I just need to get the endorsement and then when I get vacation time or we pick up a few more hours I can afford to take some time off...

its not bad, only difficult part IMO were the cone slalom, you technically can skip a few of them and only get some points off, rest of the test i thought was easy.

Hey Paul, my buddy rick took it on his zx9r. I'll ask him tonight what all he had to do. I know he failed the first time cause he had no clue what was he gonna be tested on. second time he passed with an almost perfect. I know there is a figure 8, slalom, accelerate and breakbut I don't remember anything else.

p.s. were you at CES credit union friday during the day?

My local test center had a print out of the tests they have you do. It was just a matter of going in and asking for the copy. I can tell you the 4 tests I had to do (and I think they're pretty uniform) were: 1) Cone Slalom and U-Turn - Low speed, I think 4 or 5 cones, spaced pretty closely, I think 6-8 feet apart. Start on the left, end on the left, then a sweeping turn to the right to line up for the u-turn. Accelerate toward the u-turn box, (u-turn was left to right) make a complete 180* turn within the confines of the painted lines, and stop when facing the way you came without putting a foot down until you come to a complete stop. 2) Low speed 90* turn between lines - Just like it says, accelerate to 5-10 mph, make a left turn between the lines painted on the lot, make another left, then stop with your front wheel within the confines of a painted box. 3) Swerve Test - Start with your front wheel on the painted "T", accelerate to 15-20 mph toward a painted white line, pass between the cones at the line, and swerve to the outside of the cone on the left or right (which ever direction the examiner tells you) and come to a complete stop. 4) Panic Stop - Again, start with your front wheel on the "T", accelerate to 15-20 mph, toward the white line, pass between the cones, and stop as quickly as possible.

The last two are timed, to make sure you go fast enough, and the panic stop acceptible distance is determined by the size of your bike. I think that's a pretty good representation of what the testing was, I just took it in November, and honestly, it's gotten a little fuzzy since then. At my local testing center, they only did MC testing one Saturday per month, and I had to schedule my appointment about 3 weeks in advance.

Best advise I can give you, is practice, practice, practice! The cone weave is tough, but I had the worst time with the right hand U-Turn within the lines. The rest of it is cake.

I took mine in Hillard about a year ago on the R1 as my first bike and passed without any issues. I googled the test and practiced with some cone before hand which helped but I didn't think that it was as hard as everyone makes out. I only lost points on the right hand U-turn because I touched the line.

If you are just getting your temps, grab one of the law books they have for the Motorcycles and skim through it and know where your controls are. It's also good to hit the review questions. I went in, grabbed a book and skimmed through it while waiting to take the test and passed.