I can fit two cars in my garage now!

Buck531

Yay. My brother and I did some massive cleanup. 5 55 gallon bags were used, 4 trash cans and burning a SHITLOAD of wood in my back yard. This is all in preparation for when I get my 18' wide door installed in a few weeks.

Basically we had to rip out the ceiling/attic space the previous owner put in. Then we moved my workbench from the side of the garage to the back and secured it.

The garage is 24x24. I was amazed at how much room there is in the garage even with both of the cars in there. It was cheaper by a good amount for my brother and I to start ripping stuff out than having the company that's doing the garage to do it.

Here's the pics. beforeX.jpg pics are from a few years ago of how it was originally setup. You can see the pole in the middle that was holding up that little attic space. I also removed the heater and I'll figure out something later on in the summer on what I want to do with it.

http://s283.photobucket.com/albums/kk314/buck531/garage/

wow nice looks a lot different now since i saw it when i stopped by. Will be even nicer once the doors are installed

Thanks. just one door is going in though. basically from the left side of the walk in man door to the right side of the "barn door". Should give me pleanty of room to get in. It's actually cheaper to go with a 18' rather than a typical 16' because I'd have to do some masonry work and brick in about a foot which I really don't want to do.

Looks great man. I would have never guessed you could fit two cars in there.

yeah. neither did I. well, not with how it was setup. The pole in the middle holding up the attic was the killer.

Now I need an electrician peep to come out I need to pick their brain on the wiring.

I did something similar last summer..will you need to reinforce the header board across the front of the garage?...I took out 2 - 8 foot doors and the center support and replaced with a 17 foot door...but I had to beef up the header...

No idea :). That's why I'm going to pay the experts two grand to do the rest of the work to get the door up. Installing the header on a garage that hasn't had one before is something my brother nor I really didn't want to tackle.

Glad to see another garage getting used. One of my biggest pet peeves is to see someone fill up a garage with JUNK and park their cars outside.

For the past 9-10 years we've lived here, I'm the one who had my car in the garage and the wife parked outside:).

I did something similar last summer..will you need to reinforce the header board across the front of the garage?...I took out 2 - 8 foot doors and the center support and replaced with a 17 foot door...but I had to beef up the header...

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2696/80/69/1218692077/s1218692077_30282915_5534582.jpg

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2696/80/69/1218692077/s1218692077_30282920_3506256.jpg