OH - IO newbie here

turbobuckeye

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the um....warm welcomes.

More about me:

• Co-Owner of the only National LX-platform event in Ohio. (LX & BEYOND NATS), never heard of it do a search via google or your favorite search engine.
  • Mostly into MOPAR stuff, but do have an appreciation for other stuff too.
  • Don't like long walks on the beach. Why walk when I can drive instead? :)
  • Also, not into bondage other than "beating" people on the drag strip and at car shows. Any takers?... Buehler?... Buehler?

More about the car:

• As with any project its a work in progress.
  • Yes, the carbon fiber is functional since its there to shave weight and it does shave weight off the car. Numbers.... well, we are not quite done yet. There are still a lot more areas to lose some weight.
  • Turbo is on the build list, but until a manufacturer comes up with a reliable model it ain't going on my ride. Let someone else be a guinea pig and burn up their engine.
  • Hate it or love it the windshield banner and carbon fiber is what I like and I build my car for me to enjoy, nobody else.
  • I have also enjoyed winning some shows with it, most recently the 08 Mopar Nationals, and looking forward to many more this year.

Nice 300c

Nice Nissan Z you got there! :p

Hey Anthony I used to be active on chargerforums under the same name as here. You might remember, although I'm not on there much anymore. I met you at the first columbus meet at quaker steak I think.

Welcome though, try not to step in the shit :).

Hey, what's going on? Yes, I remember you. Nice to see a familiar face over here. Hope all is good with you. Thanks for the warning. :D

I can see I'm gonna like this crowd. :bangbang:

• Upvote 1

See, now that makes no sense. The Charger & 300c are built on the same chassis and share similar drivetrain options.

Where as nothing I own even closely resembles a Nissan Z or has any chassis or otherwise interchangeable parts.

:confused::confused:

Thanks for the um....warm welcomes.

More about me:

• Co-Owner of the only National LX-platform event in Ohio. (LX & BEYOND NATS), never heard of it do a search via google or your favorite search engine.
  • Mostly into MOPAR stuff, but do have an appreciation for other stuff too.
  • Don't like long walks on the beach. Why walk when I can drive instead? :)
  • Also, not into bondage other than "beating" people on the drag strip and at car shows. Any takers?... Buehler?... Buehler?

More about the car:

• As with any project its a work in progress.
  • Yes, the carbon fiber is functional since its there to shave weight and it does shave weight off the car. Numbers.... well, we are not quite done yet. There are still a lot more areas to lose some weight.
  • Turbo is on the build list, but until a manufacturer comes up with a reliable model it ain't going on my ride. Let someone else be a guinea pig and burn up their engine.
  • Hate it or love it the windshield banner and carbon fiber is what I like and I build my car for me to enjoy, nobody else.
  • I have also enjoyed winning some shows with it, most recently the 08 Mopar Nationals, and looking forward to many more this year.

Hey, what's going on? Yes, I remember you. Nice to see a familiar face over here. Hope all is good with you. Thanks for the warning. :D

I can see I'm gonna like this crowd. :bangbang:

might as well start the burns on this one....

car and no turbo= false advertising

false advertisting= slow ride

carbon fiber will not make that fat pig of a car that much faster...

and ill take you up on the offer for the dragstrip!!! lets see what that thing has!!!

tip: more carbon fiber!!! :D

but it is a very clean car props on that!

welcome

See, now that makes no sense. The Charger & 300c are built on the same chassis and share similar drivetrain options.

Where as nothing I own even closely resembles a Nissan Z or has any chassis or otherwise interchangeable parts.

:confused::confused:

Yeah..... I'm gonna have to ahead and agree with you there.

might as well start the burns on this one....

car and no turbo= false advertising

false advertisting= slow ride

carbon fiber will not make that fat pig of a car that much faster...

and ill take you up on the offer for the dragstrip!!! lets see what that thing has!!!

tip: more carbon fiber!!! :D

but it is a very clean car props on that!

welcome

My last project was a 2000 Pontiac Grand Am GT Turbo which I sold for my current ride even though I had actually considered a PT Cruiser turbo (until I found out it really does nothing for performance).

I have used the forum name "turbobuckeye" for well over 10yrs now so regardless of what I'm driving it will never change. The GM and Ford guys know me by that name as well as the MOPAR guys. I have always been a fan of turbo-powered cars over supercharged ones, to each is own.

As soon as the aftermarket catches up and somebody learns how to tune these new MOPARS its getting added....believe that. These engines are not a dime-a-dozen and unlike Ford the manufacturer is not sharing info with the aftermarket.

If I had my choice I would prefer a twin-turbo setup remote-mounted. Stuffing a large single-turbo or twin-turbo is not a realistic option on these cars without doing some major fabrication. I have seen a few one-off projects so I know the option is coming......

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w241/xtreme2425/IMG_3640.jpg

http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb181/turbobuckeye_ohio/DSCF0029.jpg

http://estore.websitepros.com/stores/2081904/catalog/stscharger.jpg

http://estore.websitepros.com/stores/2081904/catalog/Charger-Engine-Final.jpg

http://estore.websitepros.com/stores/2081904/catalog/DSC06143.jpg

http://estore.websitepros.com/stores/2081904/catalog/DSC06550.jpg

http://estore.websitepros.com/stores/2081904/catalog/DSC06552.jpg

http://estore.websitepros.com/stores/2081904/catalog/08-Charger-Dual-Pump-View-l.jpg

Why would turbocharging and tuning your hemi be different than any other app.We would just have to figure out how to reroute the flux capacitor and bypass the rotary girder:rolleyes:

Not the same scenario as tuning a 2nd Gen Neon. You have the option of getting a Stage 1, 2, 3 with parts produced by Mopar. We could not even get a full Stage 1 kit for the LX's. Some parts were never made and I just found out 2 months ago they discontinued making the LT headers for the kit.

The economic downturn has really stalled Mopar's interest and enthusiasm for making performance parts. You know that if Mopar is not producing them they are not readily sharing info with the aftermarket to let somebody else produce what they won't make.

Tuners are learning by trial and error and from other people's mistakes. Some have been doing this for years and have a baseline for what can and can not be done safely. The introduction of the DiabloSport Predator really opened up the possibilities from performance parts for these cars because now anybody was able to get into the computer and tune. Problem with that is there are no boundaries to the system and you can turn off/on/up/down stuff that you shouldn't and quickly make the engine go BOOM.

In the past 1.5yrs I have seen superchargers, turbos, twin-turbos, and twin-superchargers enter the market. Nobody knows how long they will last or how long the engine will last with them installed. Not many are willing to put a warranty behind their product so its scary. I'll let others that can afford to replace a $8,000-$10,000 engine without blinking be the pioneers, somebody has got to do it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Not many are willing to put a warranty behind their product so its scary. I'll let others that can afford to replace a $8,000-$10,000 engine without blinking be the pioneers, somebody has got to do it.

There is hardly ever any "warranty" on performance parts. If the motor fucks up and goes boom... generaly who ever tuned it or installed it fucked up.

I see in your sig your in aviation I'm guessing not an A&P?

Nope, I work in the private sector.

STS kit. Buy it and then take the car to Brian.

STS looks like a good system but have not heard of anybody that has purchased one. Who is Brian?

There is hardly ever any "warranty" on performance parts. If the motor fucks up and goes boom... generaly who ever tuned it or installed it fucked up.

True.

I can't remember the name of the company but there is a supercharger that has a 1-3yr warranty. They made a lot of superchargers for the Mustangs and a handful of other cars. Supercharger seems to be the direction most guys are going for forced induction because it fits under the hood. If they don't do that then they are stroking the motors. Lots of 440's, 7.0L 426's, 392's, etc. Regardless of how they are badged on the outside, you never really know what you are up against until you look under the hood and even then you may still not know.

• Upvote 3

Dynotune Motorsports. Dude does good work. I'm taking my Supra there to get it tuned once I get my standalone ECU system on it.

I think I have heard of Dynotune Motorsports. Is his shop up in Northeast Ohio?

This guy has a brain unlike most that come here. + rep

I'll have to check them out. :thumbup:

I think I have heard of Dynotune Motorsports. Is his shop up in Northeast Ohio?

I'll have to check them out. :thumbup:

Anthony, Dynotune is right here in Columbus, on W. Broad just barely outside of 270. I've never heard of anyone leaving there unhappy. Brian seem's to be a great guy for when you need tuning.

Also, as I said I haven't been on chargerforums much lately, as the charger is my dad's car and I was just on there to help him decide which mods to go with. I'm REALLY surprised they still haven't figured out the tuning issues though, is it still fuel related? I remember all the GSM supercharger catastrophes...

Anthony, Dynotune is right here in Columbus, on W. Broad just barely outside of 270. I've never heard of anyone leaving there unhappy. Brian seem's to be a great guy for when you need tuning.

Also, as I said I haven't been on chargerforums much lately, as the charger is my dad's car and I was just on there to help him decide which mods to go with. I'm REALLY surprised they still haven't figured out the tuning issues though, is it still fuel related? I remember all the GSM supercharger catastrophes...

I didn't know they were here in Columbus. I must be thinking of somebody else.

Yea, most of the problems have been fuel-related. Some of the problems too have been people wanting specific performance results (11-sec, 10-sec) regardless of the side-effects. Also some tuners out there have been doing custom tunes but locking them so the customer has no idea what has been done to the car. Which means they are unable to make further adjustments without purchasing a new tune from the same tuner or another tuner to make changes.

Hay TurboBuckeye,

Welcome to the Forum. CR is a blast. There are all kinds of different car enthusiasts in here. Some of them have some very UNIQUE rides. Granted I think I am the ONLY ONE with Turbo Mini Vans in here.

Guys this is my PARTNER from the LX & BEYOND NATIONALS. He does the Car Show and I do the Drag Race. If you would like to check out the Event please feel free to come on out.

Welcome Once Again

Chuck