2009 Suzuki Gladius

Casper

Seen it in person. Really neat bike. Very much similar to the SV in terms of size and overall specs. I think it makes the SV look better. I'm not a fan of all the garbage they have on there in terms of shields and such. The frame looks less beefy vs. the SV. Just looks cool in some way, though. The white and blue one was really cool in terms of colorway.

Looks like they went back to the old style forks..

Only difference I can see with the forks are they are painted black. I'm hoping I can make it to the bike show at the IX Center this weekend so I can take a closer look. I still think they aren't even adjustable. Suspension is the first thing any SV owner or buyer should do. Cheap internals with no adjustment is one way Suzuki keeps the cost down.

Only difference I can see with the forks are they are painted black. I'm hoping I can make it to the bike show at the IX Center this weekend so I can take a closer look. I still think they aren't even adjustable. Suspension is the first thing any SV owner or buyer should do. Cheap internals with no adjustment is one way Suzuki keeps the cost down.

This isn't going to replace the SV. The SV is going to be the race platform and this is the street version, really. No frills and nothing new really other than design.

From what I have heard it is replacing the Naked SV. I know they are keeping the "S" for 09. But haven't heard anything beyond 09. Lizard if you have heard different out of Suzuki please fill me in!

Edit- Well the design is barf.

From what I have heard it is replacing the Naked SV. I know they are keeping the "S" for 09. But haven't heard anything beyond 09. Lizard if you have heard different out of Suzuki please fill me in!

Edit- Well the design is barf.

That's what I meant to say. The SV "S" will be the racer and the Gladius replaces the SV standard which was really never raced anyways once they introduced the "S"...

That's what I meant to say. The SV "S" will be the racer and the Gladius replaces the SV standard which was really never raced anyways once they introduced the "S"...

I understand what your saying but a lot of the guys I have seen will buy a naked because the are just going to put aftermarket plastics (Hotbodies) on it anyways.

I don't know if you have ever been to SVR but here is a link to a thread that is basically full of SV race bikes. I think you might enjoy the sights.

http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?t=54027