PS3 outsells Wii

CRed05

Wii is cool for about 10 mins...

http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/playstation-3-outsells-wii-in-japan/1302235

While the Nintendo Wii remains far and away the leader in the console war, the winds of change are beginning to pick up steam.

At least in the East, that is.

According to sales tracked by Japanese magazine Enterbrain, Sony's PS3 outsold the Nintendo Wii in March in Japan, making it the first time in 16 months that Sony has taken the lead from the dominant Mario maker. Japanese gamers snapped up 146,948 PS3s compared to only 99,335 Wiis, while the Xbox 360 placed a distant third at 43,172.

Enterbrain attributes the increase to the success of the region's two top-selling games, Sega Sammy's Rya Ga Gotoku 3 and Capcom's worldwide smash hit, Resident Evil 5.

But if Nintendo is worried, they're certainly not showing it.

"It is still the first few months of the year when sales are slow for the industry, so we are not particularly concerned," a company spokesperson told the Financial Times.

PS3 > *

so after being on the market for what 2 years they are finally out selling the Wii. HA yeah that's something to brag about. Also what do the sales look like in the US?

so after being on the market for what 2 years they are finally out selling the Wii. HA yeah that's something to brag about. Also what do the sales look like in the US?

I always believed that was because a lot of people couldn't afford it/justify paying that much. You get what you pay for. Corollas outsell Bentleys, does that mean corollas are better?

Without getting into a fanboy fight or anything all the consoles have had a very upbeat run for this generation. Wii being a smash hit from its forgotten Gamecube predessesor. And the 360 being the console of choice for online for the first 2-3 years this generation. PS3's HOME might shed some light for that. I don't really look at it as a winner for one console over another cause competetion is great for this industry just makes for far more technological and gaming advances all around.

Both have their purpose.

The Wii + modchip = easily burned games onto DVD. Free games are the goodness.

PS3 has no mod chip (yet), and most people aren't savy enough to burn Blu-Ray yet. I am hoping for that mod-chip soon, because I will be cracking open that PS3 ASAP.

I have both, but don't even own any games for the PS3. But I'm not a big gammer either.

I'm not convinced that the PS3 is all that and a box of chocolates. PS3 sounds like a decent bluray player, I'm sure that standalone bluray players have better chipsets for upvert etc... since they are dedicated.

Other than the bluray, someone needs to convince me to have three gaming systems. I already have the Wii and it's absolutely unbeatable @ parties even with the grandparents. The 360 is the machine of choice in my house.

I'm not convinced that the PS3 is all that and a box of chocolates. PS3 sounds like a decent bluray player, I'm sure that standalone bluray players have better chipsets for upvert etc... since they are dedicated.

Other than the bluray, someone needs to convince me to have three gaming systems. I already have the Wii and it's absolutely unbeatable @ parties even with the grandparents. The 360 is the machine of choice in my house.

The PS3 is probably the best Blu-Ray player out there. Dedicated chips aren't used any more, it's all software so the unit can be upgraded. The PS3 excells at this.

As for upscaling, it is the BEST I have seen, and I have a 65" TV. The 360 upscaling is crap, and I have a dedicated Philips upscaling DVD player and I don't use it any more. The PS3 is superior. I hate to say it, but the PS3 is a much better DVD/BR player than a game system; and it's still a good buy.

I have a wii and it rarely gets played unless people are over. Their market is too saturated with crap games and hopefully it turns around. I am looking forward to the new punch out game though. I use my 360 and ps3 the most

Mad World is pretty fun. It gets repetitive, but it's a good chuckle, and helps blow off steam when you cut people in half with a chainsaw.

wii sucks. My nephew has one and it's boring as fuck. Whoever said you get some kind of "workout" playing it is some fat wishful thinking whore with aids.

You aren't playing the right games then. Period.

Wii Fit + strenght trainning (or even some of the Yoga), can be pretty hard on you.

Plenty of fun Wii games. Love all the Rockstar/Guitar Hero stuff for it. Zelda is pretty fun. A lot of people like the Tiger Woods Golf. Most of the Mario stuff is fun. Mario Kart is still awesome.

I have a 360 and a PS3. Of the two, my 360 gets more gaming use and I use it for Netflix Instant, but my PS3 gets more movie and network video watching use. If 360 did everything, I would probably only have it. I bought the PS3 because of the exclusives I love though, like MGS and KH.