Annual Reminder: Deadliest Catch

Draco-REX

Good episode last night. Think Keith got himself a good ol' concusion and then some. Boat knocking you in the head is never a good thing.

The shot of Phil watching his own boat leave the dock was sad to watch.

Keith is having a bad year too. At least he's found the crab. Now hopefully he can land them instead of leaving his pots on the ocean floor.

Phil's first year missing the king crap season in 33 years. That would definitely suck. Hopefully his boys bring him back a killing. But it was without a doubt, the smart move to stay home close to the Dr's.

I'm not sure he's going to stay home. I think I saw a shot of him on the bridge in the preview that wasn't in the first episode. I think he might get stir crazy and call the boat back so he can at least ride along.

He'll probably jump aboard when the come back to offload one of their catches. I can seriously see him literally jumping onto the boat.

Bwahaha, I think I cracked up and replayed the Time Bandit's prank they played on Mike about 5 times. Where he was securing the pots before they left and they dumped the two bins worth of that cold ass water on his head, then covered him in flour. Those guys look fun to work with.

Bwahaha, I think I cracked up and replayed the Time Bandit's prank they played on Mike about 5 times. Where he was securing the pots before they left and they dumped the two bins worth of that cold ass water on his head, then covered him in flour. Those guys look fun to work with.

I was fuckin dyin after seeing that. Like Edgar Hansen on the Northwestern and all his pyro fetishes.

I'm kinda anxious to see what goes on with the Time Bandit crew, and if Scott ends up taking over the boat. I think he's a bit too fickle to be a captain.

I get that since he's the captain's son, he "should" be first in line, but there's a few guys on that boat that have a lot more time in than he does. Should be interesting.

He'll probably jump aboard when the come back to offload one of their catches. I can seriously see him literally jumping onto the boat.

That prank was great. I was amazed at how much water there was; you couldn't even see him for a moment there.

I do think the Time Bandit crew ham it up the most for the cameras (Notice the new Jolly Rogers all over the boat?). But they're entertaining so I'll forgive them. :D

Side note:

What ever happened to Blake, the young guy that took over as captain a few seasons ago? Can't remember the name of the boat.

It was the Maverick. I haven't seen it for a while.

The only explanation for its absence I could find looked like it was written by a 12 year old, so take this with a grain of salt. But supposedly, Discovery did some creative editing concerning Blake and he wasn't happy about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't realize that they were holding events like this. It's interesting that they are bringing the crews out to meet the public, but this is kinda Comic Con-esque IMO.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2197861&id=36238026758#/album.php?aid=90116&id=36238026758&page=3