Question for Coshocton Crew (and surrounding area)..

wolfman

i do alot of the tires for the guys here in town. as far as blaancing i usually just line the marks up but im going to build a balancer this summer. just for shits and giggles. i did mine and then took them to get balanced just to see and he said it was alomst perfect and didnt have to add any weights!

bring ur stuff down and some steaks to cook on the grill while im changing them and we can call it even haha.

i do alot of the tires for the guys here in town. as far as blaancing i usually just line the marks up but im going to build a balancer this summer. just for shits and giggles. i did mine and then took them to get balanced just to see and he said it was alomst perfect and didnt have to add any weights!

bring ur stuff down and some steaks to cook on the grill while im changing them and we can call it even haha.

:cool: I was actually asking b/c I'm going to buy one of the No-Mar systems and was wondering if there would be much interest up here. I'm going to need a MINIMUM 4 of my own sets changed this year...so I figured I better man up and buy one.

:cool: I was actually asking b/c I'm going to buy one of the No-Mar systems and was wondering if there would be much interest up here. I'm going to need a MINIMUM 4 of my own sets changed this year...so I figured I better man up and buy one.

just get a rubber mallet and some tire irons. haha thats what i use!

the one thing i've been wondering lately...are there any type of balancing packs that can be put inside the tires? semi truck tires just have a pack of balancing beads dropped in and when the tire starts to spin the pack breaks open and all of the beads go to the light spot in the tire.

other than that i change my own tires or buy adam a steak if i'm too lazy.

I just go to the gas station in town. Pick out the tire I want from his rack leave the bike. Then I walk over to the VFW, have breakfast and come back and pay for tire and ride away. The old tire I drape over my shoulder and ride it back home. Or you could just give the guy two bucks and he'll get rid of it!

Edited by littlecarbsbigsmiles

Before you spring for a No-Mar, look at the Cyclehill unit, it's made under license from No-Mar, IIRC and a good bit cheaper.

http://www.cyclehilltirechanger.com/

Before you spring for a No-Mar, look at the Cyclehill unit, it's made under license from No-Mar, IIRC and a good bit cheaper.

http://www.cyclehilltirechanger.com/

The full package Cycle Hill is about $200 cheaper than the full package No-Mar Classic, but the No-Mar comes with $100 more in tools. Both look similar quality but the floor height bead breaking on the Cycle Hill is a no go.... I need the waist high bead breaking so I can use a hitch mount if I take it to the track. :cool: Thanks for the heads up!

Does riding on a road near Coshocton count? or how about riding with the Coshocton crew? ;)

Anyways I'm going to throw this out there as a cheaper alt.. I know of people who use this and say it is great after a few mods like putting some rubber on the rim/mounting points.. Granted they are prob not the best quality but for right at $100......:dunno:

Harbor freight sells a tire changer and motorcycle attachment for about $100 and you can usually find a coupon pretty easy for 20% off...

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=42927