Scan tool options

boostedgtp

Guest Removed

what year ranges? what all by directional controls would you need? there a bunch of good scan tools out there. most are not cheap by any means.

i suggest trying them out(demoing them) and see which one you like. i like the snap on ones. you can most up used and much cheaper, but then your looking at upgrades and so on if its out of date etc.

due you have a price range in mind?

what year ranges? what all by directional controls would you need? there a bunch of good scan tools out there. most are not cheap by any means.

i suggest trying them out(demoing them) and see which one you like. i like the snap on ones. you can most up used and much cheaper, but then your looking at upgrades and so on if its out of date etc.

due you have a price range in mind?

Id like to do anything obd2 and be able to look at wheel speeds, O2s, maf, etc. We have a red brick we use for asain stuff at work, it doesnt seem to bad but im not sure what euro stuff it can read. Also the brick isnt supported anymore is it.

Mac Mentor or OTC Genisys are the only ones I really like that will do what you're asking. Both OTC and Snap On diagnostics are weak on euro cars and will be for the next couple years.

If you have questions just let me know, all I did all day was answer questions about things like this. RL can answer questions on Snap On diagnostics too, I would suggest getting both sides.

My suggestion for you is to trade your brick in on a Mentor ($2600 IIRC). It will give you what you've asked for with the exception of OBD1 cables, those come in kits.

Guest Removed
Id like to do anything obd2 and be able to look at wheel speeds, O2s, maf, etc. We have a red brick we use for asain stuff at work, it doesnt seem to bad but im not sure what euro stuff it can read. Also the brick isnt supported anymore is it.

well the brick went to flash cartridges..instead of having 10 different ones. i know for the euro cars you had to buy another cable kit for that and so on. and with any of the snappy ones the keys that go to the obd connector.

most euro stuff can be done in global mode...whick with alot of cars now, you can only get so much data, and its rather limited.

the solus first came it IMO it was trash..and the modis has had so many screen issues and what not, i think mike had over 10g's in his buy the time it was all said and done.

the one thing i like about the snappy units is the trouble shooter and tech tips..not sure if the otc stuff had those or not.

IMO the scan tool like this is shop equipment...i hate it when tech have to buy stuff like that..but if your making good money, it goes with you now dont it.;) some of the place i worked at, had the otc stuff..i always used my snappy stuff. that and they never had have the stuff for it you needed to do what you needed to.