JEEP Infinity sound system problems.

Skinner

OK having problems with the Jeeps stereo. the driver side doors are muffled and the tweeter is not working at all. Was wondering if there was anyone one else that had a Infinity sound system that would let me swap amps out to see if its the amp or speaker since the amp is easier to get to then pulling the doors apart.

If this is a Cherokee it's pretty common for the wires inside the door to harden and break inside the jacket over time. I spliced in a short section of speaker wire to fix my drivers side speaker for my old Cherokee. When I bought my new Cherokee both fronts were out and the dealer thought the radio was dead. I tested by swapping a speaker (as you mentioned). When that didn't work i knew it was the wires. I spliced in some speaker wire from just inside the door frames out to the speakers and it has been fine since.

My Hayne's manual breaks out which wires are for the door speakers. If you don't have one I can scan that page (although anyone with a Cherokee should probably have one).

Seems to usually only be the part between the body and the door, likely in the "accordion" portion going to the door where it gets bent back and forth for years. I spliced into the factory wires just inside the kickpanel on each side. I found it to be easier to just replace the whole length of wire from there into the door (about 2-3 feet) than trying to probe the wire looking for a break. The factory wires are all taped up so it's not so easy just to pull them loose and mess with them.

Seems to usually only be the part between the body and the door, likely in the "accordion" portion going to the door where it gets bent back and forth for years. I spliced into the factory wires just inside the kickpanel on each side. I found it to be easier to just replace the whole length of wire from there into the door (about 2-3 feet) than trying to probe the wire looking for a break. The factory wires are all taped up so it's not so easy just to pull them loose and mess with them.

pulled the door off this morning and was able to find the wires to the speaker just not to the tweeter. looking the the wire harness I wasn't able to see if the if the wires split off and there was a separate connector. looking at the haynes manual the tweeters are just spliced in. Didn't have the manual with me will mess with it more tonight when I get home.

well shit rewired the speakers this weekend and still doing same thing nothing from the tweeter and very poor sound from the other speaker. Twisted do you have the the Infinity amp in your XJ that I can test mine against? Its either the amp or the headunit.