First annual Hockey Fights Breast Cancer game

HotCarl

So Im proud to finally announce that this benefit game, of which I'll have to honor to play in, is finally a go. I got in on the ground floor while they were trying to organize this event (I play for The Garage Bar team mention in the article below) from what I hear the waiting list of players wanting to join is growing rapidly. The quote below was taken from one of my favorite Blue Jacket blogs, Light The Lamp. LTL explain's the situation best so i'll let him explain it. If ANYONE knows of any companies, corporations, organizations or individuals who would like to donate please let me know I can forward your information. Hockey jersey's have alot of advertising space and the more money we raise the better. If not, come out and watch some hockey drink some b'er and do it all for a good cause.

D Jets Hockey aka NetJets in the Sunday D North League, Garage Bar Hockey of the Sunday D South League and Rusty Pucks Hockey of Thursday D West League are presenting the first annual “Hockey Beats down Breast Cancer” game benefiting the “Young Survival Coalition” http://www.youngsurvival.org/columbus.

The game will take place on Saturday May 16, 2009 from 8:00PM to 10:00PM. It will be 3, 15 minute periods with resurfacing between each period. Currently both rosters are full, that’s 46 players… 20 a side plus 3 goalies a side. Ala NHL All Star Game except that we will be wearing, you guessed it, PINK! Currently we have a wait list of 8-10 people who still want to play.

We will be asking for a $5.00 voluntary donation at the door, but folks are welcome to donate more if they want ;-).

The premise behind the game is that we are seeking people to sponsor a jersey for $50.00 minimum; in return we will put the name of the sponsor’s choice on the shoulders where the player’s name would usually be. On the front of the jersey will be the phrase “I’m skating on behalf of…” We’re still working on a lot of the little details, but we would really like to let the CBJ community know about this and have them come out to support 3 “Drinking Teams with Hockey Problems”. After the game the player will present the sponsor of the jersey with that jersey. Group photo, individual photos the whole works. Sponsors will provide a brief bio of each person who the jersey is sponsored for which will be featured in the games program.

Afterwards we are all heading to the R Bar to start “planning” for next year’s game.

Below you will find a link to the “Puck Bunnies”; whom we have been working with to get this game up and running. Their help, dedication and spirit have been monumental. Check ‘em out!

http://www.yscpuckbunnies.blogspot.com/"

I'd love to play, but there's no way they'd let me play in a D league game. Sounds fun though, good luck! :cool:

Yeah I remember playing at drop-in's with you... sandbagger ;) In all honesty I think the skill level will vary but I dont see this game being very competitive, maybe a drop-in/scrimmage type of atmosphere.

I think I might email Thom and suggest maybe more than one game. Hopefully in the future we could have a game for each league or a small 4 team tourny if there's enough people interested. But thats all down the road of course.

Lady, who do you play for we might have played against each other in the past. The captain of my team, Nocar, likes to setup off season practice's and scrimmage's with NetJets and Rusty Pucks.

Perhaps!

I used to play on the Netjets D team on Sundays when I used to live up in CBus. I played with them for about a year or so, great groups of folks. Hung out with Thom, Suzanne & Murchie after the Jackets/Wild game Saturday.

Other past teams I've played on in the Chiller leagues or the old Worthington Ice league - Rinkrats, Minotaurs, Yellow Jackets, Sled Dogs & the Capitols.

CR Drop in day?

I usually hit up dublin's 11am on wed and sometimes mondays and their 7am on fridays. Dublin's the closest for me so it doesnt really make sense to hit up the easton ones on tuesdays and thursdays.

Wease come out to dublin drop-in sometime, that 6am bullshit you go to at the ice haus is WAYYYY too early for me. I struggle to make the 7am on fridays and im still usually late to that. But I'll definitly be there at 11am tomorow (wed).

Perhaps!

I used to play on the Netjets D team on Sundays when I used to live up in CBus. I played with them for about a year or so, great groups of folks. Hung out with Thom, Suzanne & Murchie after the Jackets/Wild game Saturday.

Other past teams I've played on in the Chiller leagues or the old Worthington Ice league - Rinkrats, Minotaurs, Yellow Jackets, Sled Dogs & the Capitols.

If Im not mistaken i think Nocar and Thom are putting together a scrimmage for Garage Bar/Net Jets/Rusty Pucks in the coming week or so. If you go look for me Im No. 7 for Garage Bar.

Sorry all, this is way off topic :)

If anyone wants to contribute to the Charity hockey game just shoot me a PM and we can talk, thanks!

Wease come out to dublin drop-in sometime, that 6am bullshit you go to at the ice haus is WAYYYY too early for me. I struggle to make the 7am on fridays and im still usually late to that. But I'll definitly be there at 11am tomorow (wed).

Well first off, I can't go to the 7:00 A.M. one because I wouldn't get to work on time. Secondly, I can't stand Dublin's ice. It sucks. And finally, the 6:00 A.M. Friday Drop In is the best one all week. Best players, best ice, best game. I look forward to that all week. And I can't stand getting up early. But I love it Friday because I get to play... :cool:

• 2 weeks later...