96 mustang 3.8 will not start after head gaskets

Ramsey

Looks like we have put everything back together, finnally. The car doesnt even really try to start. Almost like we are not getting any spark or fuel. I tried to check the plug wires(which we changed and new plugs) and couldnt get them to arc.

The car does have the passive anti-theft from on it, do i need to do anything after the battery has been pulled and re-installed?

The fuel pump is priming and battery seems to be at full charge, just doesnt want to start.

TIA,

is the light on or flashing?

only way to reset it is thru a ford dealer...

did you not put the ground wire back on on the back of the head?

I will have to check the ground wire, would the starter get power if that wasnt done?

Im a retard. Sensor near the crank, i assume crank angle sensor wasnt hooked up. This after we changed the coil pack. Hopefully we can take it back. The car running, i still need to do a coolant flush.

There was alot of smoke coming from the exhaust, that has seemed to stop. but there is still some smoke coming from the engine bay, and hopefully that goes away.

Oh, and if any wants to know; do not check to see if there is spark by holding the wire with a plug in it and hold it in your hand. Dont ask me how i know.

Im a retard. Sensor near the crank, i assume crank angle sensor wasnt hooked up. This after we changed the coil pack. Hopefully we can take it back. The car running, i still need to do a coolant flush.

There was alot of smoke coming from the exhaust, that has seemed to stop. but there is still some smoke coming from the engine bay, and hopefully that goes away.

Oh, and if any wants to know; do not check to see if there is spark by holding the wire with a plug in it and hold it in your hand. Dont ask me how i know.

Glad you got it figured out.

It's fun to have someone else try holding the wire. It always makes for a good laugh.