should I sell the WS6 ??????

BrianZ06

Ok so far he has not even contacted me. We have talked thru email and phone plenty of times. He was closing the deal on his car today he said. The day is not over yet I know.

Might have to use plan B

Buy bigger stall yank pt4000

Let Mr Hal install the stall

Go faster

11.??

Be happy.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just keep the damned thing and be happy.

Its not going anywhere. This guy must of had to much time on his hands to do so much bull shitting with me. Nothing wrong with the car at all I was just tempted with the 15k cash offer. Do you know anyone with a 3600 or 4000 stall. Iam still on the stock tranny and it seems to shift strong and hard as of now.

Its not going anywhere. This guy must of had to much time on his hands to do so much bull shitting with me. Nothing wrong with the car at all I was just tempted with the 15k cash offer. Do you know anyone with a 3600 or 4000 stall. Iam still on the stock tranny and it seems to shift strong and hard as of now.

Yaaaaayy he's keeping it!!!

Yep what the hell its a nice car. Want to hear something funny. I just got an email from the want to be new owner his buyer backed out today on his car but he has another one lined up. He said he really wants my mine still. Whatever !!

Enough to make the resale value higher than a z28

I don't doubt that, but my original question still wasn't answered. ;)

If a 12 sec TA with 28k is worth 12k+, what is an 11 sec Z28 with 12k on the clock worth?

EDIT: That's also like saying the '02 SS models are rare and hard to find when they were produced in higher numbers than the Z28 for the '02 model year IIRC.

Hell these cars are not rare or even hard to find. They are a dime a dozen. The only reason this person wants mine is because it already has a 12 bolt rear and 3.73 gears and some susp work already done. The low miles does help and being a WS6 I guess is a plus.

EDIT: That's also like saying the '02 SS models are rare and hard to find when they were produced in higher numbers than the Z28 for the '02 model year IIRC.

Did they make more TA's with that package than Z28's????

Edit:

Camaro/Firebird produced with LS1's

Z28

1998 17,663 (SS 2875)

1999 17,393 (SS 4829)

2000 20,406 (SS 8913)

2001 12,652 (SS 6332)

2002 24,805 (SS 11191)

Total 92919

TA

1998 15582 (WS6 2835)

1999 17875 (WS6 4997)

2000 17148 (WS6 8414)

2001 13096 (WS6 7869)

2002 20760 (WS6 14908)

Total 84461

I stand corrected... Based on the numbers the resale value isnt based on the numbers produced. They are too close. Could be because its a chevy but not a corvette.. could be styling :confused: Cant find the answer anywhere.

And your z28's suggested retail value is $10k. They go for around $13k (stock with low milage)

Edited by V8 Beast

Did they make more TA's with that package than Z28's????

Edit:

Camaro/Firebird produced with LS1's

Z28

1998 17,663 (SS 2875)

1999 17,393 (SS 4829)

2000 20,406 (SS 8913)

2001 12,652 (SS 6332)

2002 24,805 (SS 11191)

Total 92919

TA

1998 15582 (WS6 2835)

1999 17875 (WS6 4997)

2000 17148 (WS6 8414)

2001 13096 (WS6 7869)

2002 20760 (WS6 14908)

Total 84461

I stand corrected... Based on the numbers the resale value isnt based on the numbers produced. They are too close. Could be because its a chevy but not a corvette.. could be styling :confused: Cant find the answer anywhere.

And your z28's suggested retail value is $10k. They go for around $13k (stock with low milage)

Yeah, the production numbers are all over the place on these cars. I think GM just started shoveling garbage out in '02 because they were fooling people into believing they were "collectible".

EDIT: My personal opinion is called the "blue hair" factor. Most of the TA's you see are driven by women, mainly old blue haired ones. (sorry TA fans, my wife also agrees.) They are less likely to mod and sell them where the camaros are purchased mostly by younger guys so they are more readily available in the for sale market.

Yeah, the production numbers are all over the place on these cars. I think GM just started shoveling garbage out in '02 because they were fooling people into believing they were "collectible".

EDIT: My personal opinion is called the "blue hair" factor. Most of the TA's you see are driven by women, mainly old blue haired ones. (sorry TA fans, my wife also agrees.) They are less likely to mod and sell them where the camaros are purchased mostly by younger guys so they are more readily available in the for sale market.

LOL - I have to say I have NEVER seen a blue haired old woman driving a fourth gen TA - or Camaro for that matter. I have no idea why but the WS6 brings in more money than the Camaro - at least partially I guess because they cost more new. I am sure that it is partially the styling as well. Who knows - I agree that it is not about production numbers in this case.

Old blue haired women,me confused now. What about the grey hair factor ?

I knew that comment would stir the pot, but usually from what i've seen it's older men driving camaros, older women driving TA's and younger men/women driving the v6's.

To be honest I dont see that many on the road and I drive everyday from one job to another. I saw a camaro like yours on Bethol rd yesterday aftermarket wheels ,same color and loud. Middle age guy driving.

Never seen an old lady in a 4th gen. Its the not a corvette factor. Tas were pontiacs best sports car. plus the ram air hood is just down right sexy... see sig pic for proof :p

It is a pony car, not a sports car.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_car

A sports car is a term used to describe a class of automobile typically of two seats and two doors with precise handling, brisk acceleration, sharp braking, and attractive aesthetics. A sports car makes trade offs in practical considerations such as passenger space, comfort, and cargo capacity in favor of those traits which enhance the joy of driving it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pony_car

The pony car is a class of automobile launched and inspired by the Ford Mustang in 1964. It describes an affordable, compact, highly styled car with a sporty or performance-oriented image.